Pain after colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my first colonoscopy today and this afternoon and this evening I have got quite a bit of pain under my left rib cage. Is this normal or should I be concerned? The Colonoscopist did struggle with looping - it said in the report that he couldn't go past the left side of the transverse colon because I couldn't tolerate the looping.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louloub

Yes that's normal they cannot always get to the part the want to when doing the procedure.

I haven't ever had the pain under the ribcage only in my tummy where it feels a bit tender which goes ..however if it continues go see your gp or a&e if it's unbearable pain.

• Posted

Hi Rachel 52846,

Thanks for responding. I'm supposed to be seeing my GP on Monday so will see what she says. It's round the back of my left rib cage as well.

He took a lot of biopsies in the splenic flexure because there was inflammation there so I wonder if it's because of that.

Thanks

Lou

• Posted

Hi Lou

That's good 😊 well fingers crossed the pain goes i find a hot water bottle does help on the back or even a hot bath soak first and lots of water good luck for Monday x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.