Pain after Endoscope

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have Barrett's and a 5cm hh plus gastric erosions.

Went for an Endoscopy on Monday to check my Barrett's. Beforehand I had a lot of personal stress and my stomach was very painful , going right through to my back. Anyway during the endoscopy i could feel pain as the camera was moving around stomach (I was sedated). I never felt this with previous endoscopies. The Dr told me he had taken 8 biopsies but he advised that nothing had changed since last visit. It's Friday and I still have pain in stomach. I feel so exhausted and feel weak. I do not have a temperature or feel sick. Should I get back in touch with the hospital or should I just accepted that it may be painful for a while. Luckily I am on leave so not affecting my work but i am not having much of a summer holiday!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you take PPIs daily? How long have you been taking them if yes and whic dosage?
    • Posted

I have been taking PPs for as long as I care to remember - possibly 20 years. At the moment I am on 20mg twice a day but I have been trying to come off them. I have been taking Zantac instead but they are no use. Pain is dreadful and I feel so weak. Hopefully I wontvhave to wait too long to see the consultant about my results. I have suffered with my stomach since i was about 15. Started on white bottle. 40 years later and can't believe how bad it is. My father had the same problems. He had flare ups throughout his life.

• Posted

Oh and I've started taking Aloe Vera liquid 3 times a day to see if that helps!

• Posted

Have you been on them daily for 20 years?  Did you experience any side effects?

It seems you can't go against your genetics... You should not be worried really since Barrett's is fine and hasn't made a progression.

• Posted

I started on tagemet then moved to lanzaprozole then changed to omezaprole.

Only side effects I am aware of is multiple fundus polyps (some being removed during endoscopy). Only other thing i have had problems with

Was ferritin levels low and I had some major pains in my hips and legs with restless leg syndrome. It was horrendous and I thought I had a serious issue but they identified it as vitamin d deficiency. After taken high dosage for 6 months I felt like a new person.

Just need to get my stomach sorted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.