Pain after endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just had an endoscopy and even though I've had a few done in the past this is the first time to my knowledge the new doctor took three biopsies and I too have a lot of pain in chest and back, it hurts when I had hot tea ( I thought honey would help my throat) or anything going down my esophogus. IT Just feels like I got hit by a truck. I know some is gas but they never make you aware of these affects. I was really upset till I seen this board and feel better others have had the same thing. I hope you all feel better.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good that the support offered here has helped but shame that you were not given better information. I've only ever had one but was given an illustrated leaflet explaining what would happen and how I'd feel afterwards and hot drinks were on the not recommended list.

• Posted

It looks like intercostal neuralgia. I had that issue also. I recommend checking your back.

• Posted

After endoscopy and if taken biopsies never take hot liquid for at least 24 to 36 hours but dont worry give some time it will heal and continue if dr asked to take any medicines ..... I also had endoscopy 10 days before and my biopsies took from my esophegeal ulcer so I also feel how it feel to u ...... just have patience everythng will be fine

• Posted

Thank You for your feedback everyone I Really appreciate all the information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.