Pain after gall bladder removel nearly 4 weeks .

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi there had my gall bladder removed by laperoscopy cannot spell ! nearly 4 weeks ago now all healed ok on outside but still have pain inside going into my back and yes very painful anybody else had this ? have a follow up appointment on the 25th JULY I AM IN ENGLAND ? THANK YOU ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barabara

I had mine out a year ago today (uk) I went to the dr several times with pain and was told that the internal healing will take quite a few weeks, take pain medication if you can and be kind to yourself it is still early days.

best wishes☺

• Posted

hi there,

im only 1 week tomorrow post op but have no pain in tummy its been amazing really, for me worse thing has been sore throat due to the breathing pipe they put in during surgery.

hope your feeling better soon

lisa

• Posted

Hi I had mine out a year and a half. only four weeks is very soon . you have many more months to go dear. Inside healing will take about a year or so. just be patient and no lifting or stretching. and please no fats because you will be sick. remember gallbladder means its hard to digest fats. Hope you fell better. hang in there we are here to answer any questions about this issue. Have a great day.😎

• Posted

Hi Barbra, my operation was 23 rd of JULY 2018 will be a year this month soon. Be kind to yourself it takes at least 6 months for the digestive system to adjust, my operation was key hole but the Gallstones were large so they did the scar through my umbilicus stomach button and some smaller incisions.

I had lower back pain in the lumber region part of the reason for this is the stomach being moved about during surgery and the gases used to dilate the stomach.

I used Activated Charcoal which absorbs the gas and helps a lot. does make your phoo black as a side affect. also i made sure i took regular pain killers every 4-6 hours paracetamol & Codien.

However if this pain is too severe you need to always check with your doctor, i also had a bag attached to me after surgery to drain away any excess. this caused a lot of added aches and pains.

Be careful lifting don' t over do it, above all be kind to yourself body and you. im going to start taking digestive enzymes to help break the foods down need to get my list, will put them on the site, again always check with your Gp if that is ok for you. eat smaller meals to enable the digestive system to adjust. little & often work for me.

hope this helps some what best wishes JO X

• Posted

I have had trouble with loose stools and stomach issues already had gastritis before gb out now it's so much worse I had mine out 6 months ago big regret about it now as dr said my tummy probs were due to gb stone clearly they wernt

• Posted

hi there ! well i did have a gall stone removed a year ago and on going gall bladder pain too ! but i am too convinced theres something else going on i have had a lot of issues also with gastritis ,why don't they just give you a flaming MRI WITH CONTRAST !! So they can see whats happening save all this worry .I know its early days for me but i have pain under my left rib now that makes me feel sick. i think i was the runt if our family lol ! hope you feel better soon .;)

• Posted

Hi Barbara ..... I had my gb removed in April 2015 and was uncomfortable with pain for over a year. I went to my doctor and she sent me for a further scan. The lady who gave me the scan told me she sees so many people coming to her AFTER they've had their gallbladders removed because of the pain. She saw nothing wrong with me - I just had to be patient.

The long and short of it is you will have a period of adjustment which for some takes longer than others. Even now I will feel twinges as though I were about to have an attack; nothing I can't deal with though - the pain of gb attacks before it was removed were horrendous.

More than anything be gentle with yourself. Drink plenty of water and watch your diet, especially in these early days of adjustment.

Sending you best wishes.

• Posted

Hi there thank you for your reply i am struggling with what to eat so i dont get to much pain ! and i am so very thin now too ! cannot afford to lose weight , I dont eat meat but sometimes eat fish and cannot eat to much in one meal which is like ive always been . ALL the best 😉

• Posted

Thank you all for replies i think ive been over doing it too it seems silly women i should have known better ! so will now take it more easy now ! seems like ive been like this though since December 2017 when i first went to hospital with a deranged liver result the hospital misdiagnosed me thought i had hepititis or i drank alcohol i shoukd be so,lucky LOL ! so such a long time ago to feel ill and ive lost so much weight too im so weak . Can i ask anyone if its affected your bowels at all ?

• Posted

hi there well ive gone the other way now bowel wise i wondered as anybody suggested questran to you for your lose motions ? when i first had a gall stone out my bile duct they widened the duct and i got lose motions this was over a year ago and it made such a difference its a bile salt it absorbs the water in your motions to give you a proper motion , I looked it up why i was having lose motions the doctors never recomended it but i have Chrons desease in the family and my neice told me about it .;)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.