Pain after gallbladder removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. It’s been about a month or a month and a half since my gallbladder surgery. I was doing pretty good then Saturday I woke up and I had pain where my gallbladder was and if I took a deep breath it hurt even worse. It’s been 2 days. It’s not quite as bad but it still hurts. Has anyone else experienced this? The dog had slept in my side Friday night which I didn’t know until I woke up Saturday morning. I also had carried a case of water and suitcase the night before. Did I over do it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

These ailments are called "cholecystectomy syndrome". Often, the patient himself can not clearly determine whether these are symptoms that are a continuation of the same disease, which was an indication for the removal of the gall bladder, or a new disease, or whether they remain in connection with the surgery. The percentage of such patients is small (10-15%). It should be made clear to all that undergoing such operations they avoided dangerous, sometimes dangerous and irreversible complications in the future, in the form of, for example, more painful pain seizures, troublesome jaundice or cancerous neoplasms.

symptoms

Among the ailments experienced by some people after excision of the gall bladder are:

• persistent indigestion,

• moderate pain in the right lower abdomen or epigastrium,

• inflammatory complications,

• repeated attacks of the biliary colic,

• jaundice recurrent to varying degrees, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

The causes of this syndrome include:

• biliary dyskinesia,

• persistent bacterial or parasitic infection (e.g., lambliosis),

• inflammation of the pancreas,

• chronic pancreatitis,

• left or new stones in the bile ducts (in relation to individual metabolic tendencies),

• dietary mistakes,

• "thinner" bile in people after cholecystectomy, not concentrated in the vesicle and therefore "less valuable", and therefore less effective in the digestive process, i.e. the emulsification of fats.

Considering these findings, patients without cholecystitis should follow the general rules of dietary management in liver and bile duct diseases. Meals should be consumed in small amounts, at least 5 times a day, with a reduction of fats to the necessary minimum.

Treatment

The described syndrome usually disappears after some time, or these symptoms are much milder. In the event of chronic persistence or annoyance, you should report to a medical check-up. Ideally, where surgery was performed. It is advisable to perform tests to find or rule out inflammation or deposits in the bile ducts. If they are excluded, research is needed to determine the proper cause of these ailments.

Prevention

Among the recommendations to reduce these conditions at home:

• Nutrition according to the recommendations given.

• Avoiding tough physical efforts.

• Avoiding excessive stress and emotions.

• The use of diastolic, sedative and prescription preparations that support the digestive process, especially fats, recommended by the physician.

Recurses of urolithiasis in the bile ducts, so-called ductal stones, you can prevent by avoiding foods with excess cholesterol (eg yolks) and using choleretic drugs.

Dietary tips

The diet, both in inflammation, in marian conditions and in all other damages of the liver parenchyma as well as in bile duct diseases, is aimed at saving the liver parenchyma on the one hand and facilitating its basic physiological functions on the other hand. It is a valuable and significant supplement to pharmacological treatment.

The basic principle is the unloading of liver cells and not increasing the need for bile, while providing sufficient amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins as well as the necessary amount of fats in foods.

The acute and severe conditions usually require a stay in a hospital where, depending on the severity and period of the disease, the patient is provided with a proper diet.

In chronic conditions, people who remain at home should follow the specific medical recommendations listed below in the dietary procedure.

• It is usual to serve dishes cooked in water and steamed or stewed without fat.

• It is forbidden to serve fried, hard-to-eat, greasy, "spiked" dishes, thickened with a russet.

• Soups and sauces should be prepared on vegetable decoctions.

• Food products must be fresh, not preserved, not cured, not synthetic, varied, easily digestible, rich in vitamins.

• Hard-digestible foods, bloating foods as well as spicy condiments and stimulants should be excluded.

• Alcohol, beer, wine, etc. are excluded.

• Onions and garlic are also not recommended.

• As well-absorbed egg protein is recommended, with a reduction in the amount of egg yolks, which acting favorably by shrinking the gall bladder and increasing bile outflow can simultaneously trigger biliary gallstones as a result of bile movement of smaller or larger deposits in the bile ducts ( not always freely).

• Meals should be enriched with B vitamins and C, A, K and E vitamins administered both in natural form and in the form of pharmacological preparations.

• Fruit juices recommended to provide a supply of vitamins - especially vitamin C - are served raw, lightly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.