pain after gull bladder removed

Posted , 7 users are following.

My gull bladder was removed a few weeks ago due to it being full of gull stones and on the verge of rupturing. I was healing and feeling great. Not any more! I have a very bad pain in the front of my ribs cage area kind where my largest cut was. It is sensitive to the touch and when I move one way or another I get a strong stabbing pain that stops me in my tracks. It is getting worse too. I have a appointment Monday.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's just scar tissue and not gall bladder issues 

• Posted

It gets worst with different things like I had a sprite an shortly after was in so much pain
  • Posted

Hope the doctor helps and you get some relief.

I just had mine out yesterday so I'm pretty sore, hope mine eases up soon.

I did have a melanoma mole removed last years and my scar was so sore and felt hot to touch. But finally fells better so  maybe it just takes time.

Let us know what the doctor says.

• Posted

mine was 13 months ago and i now remember the same feeling. don't forget you have stitches on the inside too, and for the first few weeks when they say do nothing, that is exactly what they mean. whatever you are doing, do less until your appointment
  • Posted

Easier said then done. I have a new born n my husband works 12 hour days...but I try to do just what I have to do. But it will go away? I'm so worried it may be something more...I went in the er n with in two hours I was being pushed in for surgery...I worry that it will happen again...
  • Posted

I had mine removed nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm feeling the same, it's like a burning sensation in my chest, the hospital tolde this is normal and it's just nerve ends repairing themselves, hope you get on ok at the doctors 
    • Posted

Denise,

I just had mine removed about 5 days ago, feeling so much better than I was, but I have a hard time going the bathroom, Alittle constipated, just because it hurts to push with the stiches and all. I am drinking fiber stuff but hoping I dont ge too bound. They told after the surgery I'd probably get diarrhea, but no? Anyone else have this problem? 

gail

• Posted

Hi Gail,

It took me about a week to go to the toilet but yes I felt the same after the op, I'm getting around a lot better now but I'm having really bad backache which is uncomfortable to walk about for a long period of time, still having the burning in my chest too 

• Posted

Hi Denise,

My nurse just called the other day to see how I was feeling from the surgery and did mention to me about the shoulder pain. Said they pump a lot of gas into stomach for surgery and that's where is stays for awhile. I think that is what I'm feeling too.

gail

• Posted

Hi Gail I had the same thing in fact when I came round from the operation in the recovery room all I felt was a horrific pain going down my arm from my shoulder and into my hand I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was the gas they d pumped into me during the operation they said, they gave me pain relief and it eased but when I came home it continued for a few days but not as bad, after a while it died down and I don't have any more bother from it now , it s just over 2 weeks since I had the operation now and I feel reasonably good considering, hope everyone's pain eases soon
  • Posted

please for those who had the operations before enlighten us on the experience and your state of health as at now. i have gallstones,i met with my doctor to schedule the operations date. he first asked me to meet up with a patient he worked on that week. my husband and i went to the hospital ward and had a chat with her. she had just been worked on so she coouldnt say much. i got her husbands number so that i could call her to check on her progress. today just a few minutes ago i thought of her called the husband who told me he lost his wife just after the operation. she didnt recover after that. Now iam a person scheduled to have my gallbladder removed next month. i am terrified. i have read of the continued pain after the op and all. cn some say something that would calm me and put me in a right perspective. please please
    • Posted

Crickey that's really bad luck. What the heck happened that she would die??
    • Posted

Wow, I had never heard of that. But surgery is rough on the body. I wonder how old she was? 

I just had my surgery 4 days ago and I' m doing well. Not running around anywhere but feeling so much better. I was having "gallbladder attacks"  and I wasn't even eating anything towards the end.. So this surgery is a

Gods Send to me. I don't think I could have gone through another attack.

This surgery is a very easy procedure , 4 little incisions and you're done and go hope the same day.

Sibo, if you are in a lot of pain, you will welcome this surgery.

Keep us all informed and ask any questions you need to know.

Gail

• Posted

I had my gall bladder removed three weeks tomorrow I did feel better today and did quite a lot of house work and had some friends round now I feel terrible in so much pain where my gall bladder was :'( 
    • Posted

Kimmy,

just sounds like you really over did it. maybe a few days rest and you feel better again. they did tell me 6 weeks before I' d really feel better. But 8. Also felt so bad months before my surgery so not so what I' m feeling. just glad it over and has to get better from here.

gail

• Posted

Hi gail 

thanks for your reply. Yes I think I did over do it im feeling alot better this morning . It s hard because its keyhole everyone expects u too be back to normal after two weeks which is not the case has I found out the hard way . But I feel u about being ill before the gallbladder op I was so sick and in a lot of pain . Kimmy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.