pain after lithotripsy

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have to undergo a lithotripsy session on 25 april 2018. i have 10mm right ureter stone with a lot of pain. all lithotripsy procedure is fine with no paim.

after 2nd day of lithotripsy i feel horrible pain below my belly button. it worsen when i lie down. and somewhat bearable when standing. i have no sleep for last two nights.

Has anybody do e lithotripsy and feel this type of pain. it is normal. how much time after lithotripsy i would be stone free

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had lithotripsy 3 years ago for 2 stones, 10mm and 6mm. The treatment itself is bearable. I was advised that may have pain for the next few days but I only got minimal pain round the kidney area. My stones gradually came out slowly in the bathroom over the course of 3 months. I drank loads of pure coconut water which helped slot. Cut down on salt. Fizzy drinks. Spinach. And drink plenty of water
  • Posted

Yes, in 2009 I had this surgery. The afternoon I had some relief, but that evening I had to go back to the hospital. I had to go to work that night, it was the longest night of my life. Within a few days after that it slowly went away, the pain.

For a couple of days I noticed I was peeing what seemed to look like coffee grounds. This was the stones all blasted that were now leaving. The pain most likely stayed cause they were moving from the kidney into the bladder. Once the fragments are gone the pain will be as well.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.