Pain after passing stone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I passed a stone 3 days ago. Abt 3 months ago, I had lithrotripsy and doc said they were almost totally gone. Just 1 stone or cud b 2 small ones right together. He said it was in the lower part of my kidney and didn’t think it wud move. Well it did. I’m the afternoon on Saturday I started feeling some pain but not bad at all. Then towards evening, it was full force. I felt the stone as it moved on down and the pain moved to my groin area. I did pass it late that night. Now it’s Tuesday and I feel a few little twinges in the same kidney and also feel a little achy. No fever but fornlast two nights I took Motrin bc of the achy feeling that came on towards evening. Just wondering if anyone else has had these kind of symptoms after passing a stone? I’ve had sepsis twice and so I’m paranoid! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

After you passed it were you pain free?  There are nerves all around that area....sometimes the pain is just over and sometimes it takes longer to recover.  But if you were out of pain completely and now back in?  I'd give a call to the doc...

• Posted

After I passed stone, I did still hav some discomfort. Not bad though. I have since contacted my urologist and he did call in an antibiotic in case I had gotten a uti from the passing of the stone. I haven’t started it yet though because I have felt better. I have it on hand though in case I need it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.