Pain after removal of super public catheter

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my SPC removed yesterday and was ecstatic until the soreness started about 6 hours later and it’s no better today 24 hours later and it’s still draining.

It hurts like hell to get up from a sitting position not to mention walking.

Has anyone an idea how long this soreness lasts? Or if it’s normal?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm NOT a Doctor or Nurse, but it sounds to me like you MIGHT have an infection.  Maybe you should give your Doctor, or her/his office a call and ask if you should be having the pain & DRAINING.

Gary 

• Posted

You were correct, bacterial infection 

The nurse gave me a shot of Rochephin so I hope I’m feeling better soon 

Thxs

• Posted

Hi. That's not normal and I think you need to urgently contact the docs as it sounds like an infection and needs urgent attention. When I had my SPC removed I had no pain and no soreness. It healed very quickly with no issues under the dressing which I changes every few days. Perhaps I was lucky but don't take any chances.

• Posted

You were correct it was a very bad bacterial infection and it seems I have some retention from it too.

Gave me a shot of Rochephin which hurt like hell itself.

Hopefully I’ll be better soon, Thxs for your reply

• Posted

When you say still draining I take it is leaking urine from the wound. I only once had an SPC and it was in for about six days and no problems or pain after it was removed.

Hope things quickly improve for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.