Pain after removing anal fistula (laser)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I had my fistula removed a week ago. The operation was done using laser since it was less invasive. It only took 20 minutes, the doctor told me that since he removed the whole thing, there is a deep hole in that area and that I'm supposed to wash it twice a day and pack it with gauze. The first two days i had some pain while my mom was doing the washing and packing, but it was tolerable. On the third day i started feeling terrible pain while washing the area. Today is the 7th day and i still have the pain, i can't sit or walk, i'm lying down on my side all the time, I am missing work and my boyfriend keeps asking what's wrong witg me and I'm too embarrassed to explain my problem to him or anyone. I just wanted to know when will the pain go away? Is it normal to have this much pain? I also take Novafen, Celebrex, and Cephalexin. I also used Diclofenac suppositories the first two days but then I stopped. Could the pain go away if i start using the suppositories again?

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you using sitz baths and showering the area after every bowel movement, how often is your mum repacking the wound? I would spend the first two weeks pretty much in bed lying down on my side to let it heal quicker, but everyone is different and I was not taking pain meds apart from what the gave me during the operation. I did not have laser surgery though. If you are concerned call your surgeon or if you can ask for your local doctors practice nurse to come out and check the wound for you if that is possible. It will help to put your mind at rest. This is a really painful condition and depending on your pain threshold this could be completely normal, but have it checked. Get well soon.

• Posted

Hi Sara, how're you doing? How did you postop situation evolve. I am thinking of a Laser surgery as well. Dimitri

• Posted

Hello sara,how are u now,I hope u are fine.I am from Dallas,and have unfortunately anal fistula and i want to find a hospital or a surgery center which treats with laser,but I can't find any,who made the laser to you and how much did it cost?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.