Pain again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Almost a year is gone since they diagnosed me with severe rhumetoid arthritis in all my joints. Cried almost for days since I could barely get out of bed and after almost four months of medication I started to feel better. Just the past few weeks the pain started all over and the swelling is back and I am worried. Is this normal or is my medicine not working. I also sorta broke out in a rash on my arms and they itch real bad and it looks like I got extreme sun burn and lots of peeling. But the pain I am having all over and swelling is getting worse and I am just worried

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear this Sammygirl. What meds are you on now and how long have you been on them? It sounds to me that your meds have stopped working. You really should see your doctor and report the rash and itching. It could be you have developed an allergy to your meds.
  • Posted

Unfortunately it is normal for the Medication to stop working,

Ring your RA Clinic explained what's happened .

There are lots of Meds out there it's could be a matter of changing it

But I sympathise it's disappointing just when your feeling great this disease 

Will clip you round the ear to let you know it's still there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.