Pain again after finishing up leg treatments

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had superficial blood clots in my left leg and went through all the vein treatments including the laser.  I was told last November I was done with treatments in my leg.  Today I wake up with pain in my left leg when walking.  Same pain I had last year before all of those treatments.  Is it possible the treatments didn't work?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I went through the radio frequency ablation, it left my thigh all lumpy and the original pain did not go away. It turned out that it was actually a hip problem and I had paid privately for the varicose vein ablation. I am very suspicious. 
    • Posted

Did you have leg clots before the treatment?  And what was the problem with your hip?  Arthritis?
    • Posted

Hi mari02, no I didn’t have blood clots before the procedure. It seems it was arthritis that caused the pain, it seems that the steroids I was taking had eaten away the cartilage in my hip and was causing pain in my leg.
    • Posted

Sounds like it would be very painful.  How's your hip now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.