Pain all around rib area

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed several years ago but recently have noticed a new symptom, I am not sure if this is fybro or costocondritis.  I am female 58 and very large busted and have noticed an intense stinging, burning pain along my ribcage where my bra sits and up into the decolletage area, basically all over, if I press around under my armpit and down side of ribs where bra goes the pain is intense. GP presses and say's "oh you are tender" but offers no help.  Anyone else have this as a symptom.  I struggle badly with any kind of pain killer as I take a blood thinner and cannot take anything apart from paracetamol which help for a couple of hours or so. I am in so much pain it hurts to wear a bra and not wearing one is not feasible unless I want my boobs around my knees.  LOL 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry your feeling so sore.. But no your not alone with that. I spent Friday,sat and Sunday in my bed with the exact same thing, all on my left side tho. My whole rib cage, under my armpit and breast was so painful. I couldn't take a deep breath in either my chest was very sore. I just took paracetamol and went a hot bath and eventually now at Tuesday it is so minimum I can't notice it now. Mine past pretty quick within days. I really hope yours does too. They are still slight tender if I press them but nothing major now. Plenty rest and take care x

• Posted

Hi Aimee glad you are better, it is so horrible and I also have trouble taking a deep breath but did not really connect the two, so thanks that has put my mind at rest.  Take care x
    • Posted

Hello I replied to this post as well find mine and read it . Trying to spread my wonderful find .
  • Posted

Hi youngatheart. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 11 years ago. A few

years ago I started having chest pains and was concerned that maybe I

was having a heart attack. I ended up in the emergency room but they

didn't know what was wrong. Stress test shows I have a strong heart. It

wasn't until I saw my rheumatologist that I found out that it is

costochrondritis. Which is often found in people with Fibromyalgia. The

pain is between the ribs and cartilage connected to your sternum. Basically

joint pain. It's just like other issues that seem to go along with Fibromyalgia.

I have many associated illnesses to fibro. I will say that I have to be careful

lifting heavy things especially if I hold them close to my chest. Like press

them into my breastbone. If I pick up a big bag of cat food and hold it to

my chest I know that I'm gonna hurt later. I'm really sorry that you can't take

other pain meds. That must be really hard. One of my favorite pain relievers

is to lay in a hot Epsom salt bath. I always feel better after one of those.

I hope that you feel better soon. And never hesitate to check in here.

• Posted

Hi Kathy, I think we have messaged before, I am really struggling since December following an uprovoked DVT which means not taking anything apart from paracetamol, I will try epsom salts and see if I can get some relief from them.  It is so easy to put everything down to fibro, costro, gerd, IBS that it is sometimes hard to believe that they can cause such pain, but obviously as others are having the same symptoms, I can accept that it must be the problem, I also had various tests for heart which like you came back in good shape.  Thanks
    • Posted

Hi youngatheart. Never hesitate to check with your doctor. Any

symptoms that are bothering you because we can't just assume

everything is Fibromyalgia. You don't want to let something go that

could potentially be life threatening. When I was first diagnosed it

was just for pain. Over the years I have been shocked as one

problem after another, I'm told, is because I have Fibromyalgia, or

at least often seen in people with fibro. Take care and I hope you

find some relief soon.

• Posted

Hi, I drive my doctor mad keep going about this burning pain in the middle of stomach and chest area, I have had ever test going and nothing comes back, just GERD, IBS, Fibro, Costro.  Luckily enough the new GP has all of these so understands.  I was not so bad until I had a DVT in December after stating HRT.  As I am on blood thinners for a while I cannot take anything apart from paracetamol and that is the problem.  Hopefully once I come off them I can go back on ibuprofen, which helps.  Thanks
  • Posted

I have so many different symptoms I can't really keep up with the list anymore . After having fibro for about 15yrs and trying everything you can think of from home remedies to endless numbers of prescription drugs to lotions and creams . I had a herniated disc surgery 4yrs ago and now that same disc has pushed out again only this time it is pressing on my sciatica nerve. I have been in extreme pain over the past month waiting to get in with a spine Dr. My husband has been bring home everything he finds to try and help me. I mean was at a point that all I did was lay in bed and cry . I can get up to go to the restroom with a walker and had to buy a tub chair to be able to shower which is extremely painful . Four days ago my hubby came home with yet another cream for me to try,and all I'm thinking is we are just wasting money . So I try it before bed because it was close to bed time . And before I even fell asleep I could feel a big difference. Now I'm no longer cry day and night with the pain ,it's has made a tremendous difference . It was really a god send I was going to run out of all of my meds before time due to this new extreme pain .being on morphine,percocet,as well as muscle relaxers and several other drugs. So anyways after 15yrs of suffering with this horrible disease we have finally found something that works on extreme pain . You can buy it at most pharmacies, or order it from Amazon. This miracle cream is called Australian Dream and it is amazing .all i want to do is spread this around to help as many people as i can from my experience. Thankful for my determination of my loving hubby . Try it please it is so worth it .

• Posted

God you are lucky, my husband is anti illness and just pretends it does not exist, so no help there LOL.  I will try this and see what happens, hopefully I can take it with blood thinners.  Hope you continue to feel well. 
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you don't have a support system to help you. My last husband was like "that's all in your head "was all he would tell me ,as well as our three kids. Yes try it and i really hope that it does winders for you .good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.