Pain all day

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having gallbladder attacks for few months it used to be once a week lasting about 2 hours now it's every day lasting about 10 hours . Been to hospital on Saturday was put on morfine went to gp Monday and was given oral morfine and anti sickness pain is awful and I feel like a zombie I'm scared yo go back o hospital incase they think I'm wasting there time . I'm due to get my surgery on 29th of this month which I know is not far away but with the constant attacks and no relief from the pain it feels like forever . To top it off I suffer from nerve pain and it's going haywire too and it's the school holidays with three kids and a mum who's laid up in bed crying is no fun for them . Lucky my hubby is a wonderful support to me he is helping the best he can . I just wish I  could  get pain sorted so I can try make  fun memories this summer before they go back to school in two weeks . Any help or advice on pain relief would make this desperate mum happy 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go get buscopan saved my life! My gallbladder was bad at the end it was working at 7% try not take codeine and morphine it will make you so constipated xx
  • Posted

Hi also low fat foods it will help the attacks. Eat small meals healthy fats are ok. If you change your diet you may get some pain relief. Try bananas, low fat Yougart, oatmeal, bran cereals to help regulate your digestive system. Try almond milk instead of cow milk. LOW FAT. Good Luck
  • Posted

Hang in there kid, low fat diet is key and unfortunately boring but it will help control the attacks, in Dec last year all I could eat was Porridge and I only found out in April this year ALL DAIRY is bad.  I can eat small quantities and your right the Gall Bladder upsets many other organs in the process but we are all different. I to suffer with nerve pain and it wrecked havoc with that, I would be sweating above waist and freezing cold below.

Good luck with your surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.