Pain all over

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all I'm needing a little help.. i'm a 33 year old female I suffer from sever depression and bipolar. I have pain all over my body..the worst is my hip but the pain is from my shoulders down it seems like it's constant pain.it seems like if it goes away from one spot another spot is miserable. My hips are what bothers me the most it seems like nothing helps rest walking staying active nothing.it also seems like I'm forgetting this more also.. could this be fibromyalgia? I've talked to my Dr before about it but they say just take naproxen daily and it does nothing.. I still suffer thru the pain daily. I work a full time job where I'm on my feet all the time so it's never ending. I don't want pain killers like my Dr thinks apparently ( we. Have a huge drug problem in my area so the Dr's immediately think everyone has an issue) I just need some guidance as what to do

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, it certainly sounds like it might be fibro. One of the places I get the most regular pain is my hips. I guess they move around a lot. Just like you I have pain pretty much all the time somewhere or other between the neck and the hips, normally in numerous places at the same time. Do you feel tired as well as having the pain? Your doctor really should be taking the possibility of it being fibro seriously. How long have you been getting the pains for?
    • Posted

I am constantly tired.. doesn't matter if I sleep 8 hours or 12 I just always wanna sleep I have no energy what so ever the pain started about 2 years ago and just seems like it's getting worse over time

• Posted

Your symptoms sound pretty much identical to mine. Your GP should definitely be referring you to a rheumatologist, it sounds like you may well have fibro.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, I think you should ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist. Has your GP ordered any blood tests? There are treatments available for fibro that aren't just standard painkillers such as Pregabalin or Gabapentin, or Amitriptyline for example, which are specifically for the pain that you get with fibro. x

• Posted

We do blood work yearly. They have checked my vitamin levels which I lack vitamin d I took vit d pills for a couple years and they do nothing so I quit taking them all my other levels are good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.