Pain and burning?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer with really bad pain and burning, I've been doctors and they say it's acid, the pain is in the left side of my chest almost like near my heart. I've been presicbed tablets but they aren't doing anything? I also suffer with really bad anxiety and panic, been told that my acid is from this.. 

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've got the pain on the left side of my chest as well, just no burning. I also have anxiety and panic attacks as well. The gastroenterologist prescribed medications, but all of them made my anxiety worse, so I don't take anything. A heating pad is used for the chest pain, but that's about it.

I wish I could have been helpful, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone with the chest pain.

I hope you find relief soon. 💜

• Posted

Thank you so much, makes me feel so much better..❤️ i hope you feel better soon, with your panic attacks and anxiety, how long have you had them for?
    • Posted

I've dealt with anxiety for a little over 20 years, but the stomach issues didn't start until last year after I had my gallbladder removed.

• Posted

Wow.. I had them 10 years ago.. then came back just 4 months ago.. the burning and pain started straight away..
    • Posted

Mine were pretty well under control until my stomach got bad, and made the chest hurt. An endoscopy showed that I had gastritis, and multiple moderate lesions. Since I couldn't take the meds, I don't doubt that it's all still hanging around. Eating differently doesn't seem to help, but eventually something will help, hopefully. PPI's inhibit the absorption of B12, and low amounts of that can make anxiety worse, so I'm glad that I had problems with them after the first pill or two. lol

• Posted

Ahh, thanks. I hope you feel better as well. Hopefully, other people will chime in and be able to help you out better. 😁

• Posted

I just went to Urgent Care this week thinking I might have had a heart attack..I'm 61 so it scared me..I have a very sharp pain under my left breast...the doctor there spent a lot of time with me did EKG,etc and everything came back fine..he thinks I have acid reflux which I know I do..I have all the classic symptoms..including the burning,etc..it's not fun.  I have committed since going there to get my act together and give up the things I know set it off..my beloved Dunkin Donut coffee every morningsad, my white wine at nightsad...I also ordered a book that someone mentioned on here thru Amazon that actually has a diet plan to fight it..it will get here Saturday. The doctor at immediate care put me on RX of Naprosyn which made me throw up..way too harsh on my stomach and a 10 day script of heartburn medication so I'll continue the hb med only..this stuff is not fun.  I'm glad I found this forum though.  Hope we can all be feeling better son!

• Posted

Has the pain gone away since you started meds, and stopped the trigger foods? If I'm not getting the stabbing pains under the left breast, I'll have a constant dull ache, and sometimes it radiates to my shoulder. It's pretty scary at times, but I have to remind myself that a heart attack wouldn't last for months, otherwise I'd be at the ER multiple times a week.

I hope you feel better soon! 💜

• Posted

Snap I get acid because of stress look you need to tak your medication for sometime for it to work sounds like acid and heartburn I get this exspecally if I've eastern something that trigggers it eat very plain meals no fatty foods spicy or junk foods don't drink coffe or fizzy drinks 

• Posted

I have the same pain a lot. Painful to the point I'd having to lay down sometimes. It's 100% GERD. Rest in that truth! It's more common than you would think. And medicine is different for every person, let you doctor know it's not working, they will try something else!

• Posted

The Dr who told me about Maalox before meals took me off all acid reducers, including Carafate, she said 'you couldn't have a drop of acid in your stomach with all these prescriptions! ' They love to throw prescriptions at you. It's gastritis! Probably because I'm not digesting like I used to when young. I'm getting up in years. Good luck, be well.

• Posted

After calling the rescue squad one morning, thinking I was having a heart attack....followed by 2 months of cat scan, Doppler for gallbladder, chemical treadmill, Doppler for heart, 4 prescriptions for acid reflux, EKGs, emergency room,...I finally found the answer to my left chest and left shoulder blade pain which woke me up at 3 every morning. An internist prescribed Maalox max liquid 1 tablespoon BEFORE each meal. It works! It was diagnosed as trapped gas and this stuff releases it, but must taken before not after meals. No more acid reflux pills! Hope this helps someone.
  • Posted

Please see my answer above your question. Take liquid Maalox Max or Mylanta BEFORE each meal. This helped my trapped gas. Felt like a earthquake attack.
    • Posted

Like a heart attack! Not earthquake! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.