Pain and burning in my left side under rib

Posted , 7 users are following.

For 5 months I’ve been having pain and burning in my left side and going to back, 

I had a Colonoscopy/endoscopy he and CT scan and the doctors can’t find anything.

Anyone else have this kind issue ? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen 

I had had that since 2015 but last year the pain subside a bit but every pain I get is on the left side . I drove my doctor crazy. He did all kind of test from cancer test, liver, pancreas , gallbladder, ultrasound , CT and i had a endoscopy in May 2016 they found a small hiatal hernia and GERD but nothing serious and all the doctors from ER thinks is stress , I have gone dozen of times . I’m going to have a colonoscopy on March 16 to make sure it not diverticulosis .  On the pelvic CT they found a  3cm cyst but they seem not to worry!  It is annoying that the doctors can’t figure us out .  I’ll post the outcome 

• Posted

I know how you feel.  (Frustrated)With every test you can think of I had.  I’m driving my doctors crazy. 

Have you  tried using a heating pad seems to help my pain quite a bit. So I researched internal shingles and I’m thinking that maybe what it is.  

• Posted

Yep me!!!! Mines like a burning dull ache! Get it after eating a lot have more tests I’m doing too! Not fun 
    • Posted

I didn’t get burning but dull pain from under  my left side rib all the way down to lower left of abdomen.  Until this day 2  1/2 years and haven’t figure it out .  It did subside!  But was scary I think was hormones or stress.  On the 16 of March I get a colonoscopy . 

• Posted

Pain under ribs sounds like gastritis but I would have thought an endoscopy would have shown it up if it was this.
  • Posted

I’ve  had colonoscopy ,endoscopy and CT scans and they just can’t find anything . So today I  searched internal shingles . I believe that’s what’s going on. They say it’s hard to  diagnose .  I do have meds for the  fever blisters I get on my lip so I decided to take it and it helped already and a heating pad. 
    • Posted

If it’s not gastritis, it could be costochondritis which causes intense ribcage pain that can radiate round your breats and into your back. My doctor diagnosed it by physical examination but it can also show up on a standard X Ray.  Mine went away after 3 months but I have had short bouts of it recently.  Sometimes it can be chronic.

Perhaps ask your doctor about costochondritis to see if it is that.  It is important to get a confirmed medical diagnosis becaus Dr Google can give an inaccurate diagnosis and can cause anxiety.

• Posted

I had that and it is funny how I found out because my doctor couldn’t so I though I was losing my mind and I went to a  Psyqiatri and she was line you have  costochodritis  take some Motrin and it will go away.  These doctors don’t have a clue sometimes
    • Posted

My doctor told me to take Nurofen and wait it out.   She also told me to to switch to a non wired bra.  However, in the end, I didn’t have to do any of those things because by the time I saw my doctor after three months of pain, I had seen out the worst of it.  This was in 2014.  I was in pain from October to December.  She told me it would go away by Janurary and it did. She told me stress can cause it and I had been very anxious at the time of onset.  I think the pain also was at its worst when I was stressing about it and panicking about the cause.  After my diagnosis, my pain felt better because I felt more reassured.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.