Pain and cramping left abdomen and back

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there, I’ve been having symptoms that have got me worried. All the symptoms seem to be focused on the left side of my torso.  Pain that travels from middle of the left side of back to lower back and I feel it in my butt cheaks. I have also abdominal pain that comes and goes either under my left ribs, around my belly button or slightly lower. I feel gassy, I’m belching more and feel pressure to go to toilet that is relieved if I pass wind. I had about 4 weeks of loose stools and constipation but that seems to have resolved in the last few days. I also noticed that eating gluten free today has helped symptoms a lot. My question is would my symptoms get better and come and go if it were something more serious like colon cancer or ovarian? I’m 38 but worried. I have a colonoscopy next week but am obsessively googling my symptoms. Doctor thinks IBS but would it be confined to one side of the body and by stills have been much better last two days. Thanks! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mostly gas leading to other problems. Try Simethecone. Comes in various anti-gas pills.
  • Posted

I have these symptoms. Left side pain it's like a dull ache running from the side between bottom ribs to above hip round to the middle of my back. I had sigmoidoscopy gastroscope and found nothing apart from hemaroids and 2cm hiital hiatal hernia

• Posted

I've been having something along the lines of the same issues, went to my GP yesterday, he wasn't concerned after I have had similar symptoms for 3 weeks. He told me to let it go for another couple of weeks and if it's no better go back for a CT Scan. Best advice would be to leave Dr. Google alone because he always tells you, you are going to die tomorrow. Try destressing and not worrying over what Dr. Google says you have, easier said than done I know....

• Posted

Colon cancer and ovarian cancer would steadily worsen with time.  IBS can either come and go or be constant. The pain tends to travel with IBS.  IBS seems more likely since you say your pain moves and you have back pain.  I experience IBS pain all over my abdomen; sometimes it focuses on one place briefly and then moves about.  Symptoms vary with everyone.  Listen to what your doctor tells you and avoid google because it will worsen your health anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.