Pain and Discharge

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I'm 42 years old and have had two laporoscopies one to diagnose endo and fibroids and the other to confirm that only a hysterectomy would help me. Both by the same consultant and I opted not to have the hysterectomy. In recent months, I have noticed I am having very heavy colourless, odourless discharge. It is very watery and has no colour or smell. I am also experiencing a sometimes dull, sometimes sharp pain the lower right of my abdomen, around the location of an appendicitis scar. could these symptoms all be fibroids related or could it be something more sinister? Please help as I am going out of my mind with worry. My gp did a swab that came back negative for stds. It feels like sharing my concerns with the doctors is like talking into ether hence my coming here for support/advice. Help! Please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe its something that needs to be evaluated over time. You cannot just look at it one time and expect an accurate diagnosis. Check for reoccurring signs and speak to the GP.

• Posted

i have the same issue i had a pelvic and transvaginal ultra sound and they found a large mass that is suspicious

i am going for a biopsy next week and then a cat scan

i am 69 and terrified

• Posted

I had these symptoms with my fibroid for years, so it's definitely possible. What you need is a 2nd and maybe even 3rd opinion. I had a director of the fibroid center at a major hospital tell me that mine cannot be removed and I should have a hysterectomy, and a doctor at another hospital removed it robotically without any fuss or complications. He also told me that he worked with my previous GYN, and she was awful at laparoscopy/Da Vinci procedures (despite claiming to be a director of robotics at every job on her illustrious CV), so she probably was just scared to do my procedure. There are many treatment options available nowadays besides hysterectomy, you just need to find the right doctor. I work in healthcare myself, and there is plenty of incompetent doctors out there, unfortunately.

• Posted

It is probably the fibroid that's causing the discharge. I had the exact problem with my 9cm fibroid, a clear odorless and watery discharge especially during the first half of my cycle. It got so bad that I needed to wear panty liners and even regular pads or it would go through my pants (sorry TMI). When I had ultrasounds done, the nurses would freak out because I had "fluid" in my uterus, but my doctor told me that it was the fibroid causing it as it was so large and my uterus was so enlarged because of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.