Pain and discomfort 2 months after lap op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I had a laparascopy procedure done in December of 2015 and I am having the symptoms of the cramping and the bloating, The same as I had before my procedure and I am worried because I have had these symptoms constant for about a month now and it is not subsiding, any advice please, Thank you I have constant headaches and nausea all day everyday, I have told my GP this and he just told me to take gavisgon. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to the doctor and tell them what's happening.
    • Posted

Hello thanks for getting back to me, It has actually been 5 months now and I have told the doctor all this and he keeps telling me to take painkillers all the time and take gavisgon
    • Posted

Wow that is wrong on his part. And doctors don't know everything they just practice medicine that's why they call it a "medical practice"!! Lol
    • Posted

Would you suggest I go to a and e tomorrow as its not better and I am having terrible nausea x
    • Posted

I don't know what and a and e is. If its not better I would go to the doctor just to make sure you are oaky if anything for peace of mind.
  • Posted

U need to go to an o.b.g.y.n. a regular physician will tell u that cuz I was told I was a hypocondriact and I went to an o.b.g.y.n. and I found out I had endometriosis and I had a laproscooy. Surgery always has long term side effects cuz I still have problems sometimes.
    • Posted

Ok thank you so much I will phone my OBGYN in the morning xx will keep you posted 
    • Posted

Hello I have an appoingment tomorrow for my OBGYN and told them it was urgent 
    • Posted

I haven't had a period for almost 3 months and also when i was at the blood donors yesterday I could not stop fainting, I have had terrible pelvic pain for weeks and my GYN app isn't till august, what do I do
    • Posted

I would call your gyn office and tell them what happened yesterday and that u r concerned something is very wrong and u were wondering if there was anyway u could come in sooner.
  • Posted

Hello, I had a hysterectomy in 2014 and my doctor left 1 ovary. I was 33 at the time. My pain continued until I changed doctors and was put on Camila. It is birthcontrol that helps with the endo. It took about 6 months for pain to sudside. Good luck!
    • Posted

Wow !!! Doctors are telling me I have to wait till I am 40 for a hysterectomy and they know about the endo. If they only could understand how I am feeling and the pain I go thru once sometimes twice a month. I tried bcpills and they gave me migraines. I tried treatments and other surgical procedures and still feel like crap. But I am still hoping I can have a child so I am waiting for now. I am 37 so I don't want to give up. Cuz I want to b a mom. Once I am 40 I am going to give up and fix my health.
    • Posted

I am thinking of switching GPs because I have been passed around so many times.
    • Posted

It took months and months of telling the consultants and finally in december 2015 i was finally diagnosed 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.