pain and discomfort after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started with horrendous pain in 2015 was rushed in and out of hospital and was being told it was a urine infection, finally had scans and found out I had several gallstones large ones, went in for keyhole surgery in April and nearly passed away under the anaesthetic, finally had the gallbladder removal in may this year and to be honest it feels like iv had nothing removed, still in alot of discomfort and pain, I still look 9 months pregnant the swelling isn't going down, I can't sleep if I do I have to sleep like a corps, if I lay on my right side I get shooting pains in my chest and down my left arm and burning sensation, constantly got pain in my shoulder, if I sleep on my left side I get pain in my shoulder and near my liver plus I have pain and discomfort just where the diaphragm Is, I have been on oramorph since Dec 2015 and codiene, if i eat a meal in running to the loo and have like a hot sweat, the Drs just keep saying Il be ok if a few months, but it scares me especially at night thats when it seems to start feels like trapped gas all over my body and scares me as the pain travels down my left arm to near my heart

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for spelling mistakes stupid phone haha
  • Posted

Hi, Helen, sorry to learn you're having these problems.  You know your body best, and you know that something is wrong.  The doctors are not experiencing your discomfort or pain. Have they performed any CT scans or blood or other types of tests?  I would suggest that you ask them to give you a formal diagnosis and then take any test results that they can give you and go get a second opinion from a consultant.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you get on!  

• Posted

Thank you Lynda only had a ct scan when I got rushed back to hospital two weeks after the op to find I had a bile leak, but not seen anyone since I will definitely be Maki Ng a new appointment with my doctor because I'm in pain today feels like I have been winded under my ribs, thank you

• Posted

Glad you're going to see the doctor!  Please let us know how it goes!  Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Lynda I went to the doctors this morning as I was unable to move around and he did blood test which iv got to wait a few days for results he did i didn't need scans that he think iv got pancreatitis but would clear up in.a week or so and to stick to the morphine and was sent home, at 7pm tonight my fiance had to ring nhs direct as i was worse and was sent straight to the emergency doctors he examined me and was disgusted at how iv been treated he did i should have not been signed off by the hospital after the operation and that I in fact need scans asap, he said that I didn't have pancreatitis as i would be in hospital right now, so I now have to hone the Drs again tomorrow and demand scans to be done, as he did that something is going on inside which doesn't sound good, the swelling is horrendous and I'm getting married in thee weeks

• Posted

Sorry for spelling mistakes again need a new phone haja
    • Posted

Hi, Helen,

Good to hear from you!  I was wondering how you were doing.

At least you got some medical intervention from the ER doc. I am wondering if you could get a referral to a new consultant?  Could you also demand that from your doctors? Please let me know how it goes with you!

I'm hoping you get some good medical help soon!  You're in my thoughts and prayers!

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

My fiance called the doctors today to demand for some scans, they said I need to go in and speak to them but not got an appointment till next Friday, its ridiculous I'm definitely going to change Drs, so now I have to wait but if I get worse I'm going straight to a&e

• Posted

Hi, Helen, thanks for letting me know.  I can't believe that you're being treated like this!  Please let me know how you do!  Still praying!  

• Posted

Hi Lynda aww thank you for listening it helps me, well went to the doctors and she got my blood results up and they are all high with infection she examined me and phoned the hospital to book me in tomorrow for scans and she explained to the surgical unit that she thinks I have a large abscess where the gallbladder was removed so I have to go at 2.30pm tomorrow nit sure if they keeping me in, iv tryed to go for medical negligence after the operation which wasn't successful but definitely going to try again. Because I get married in three weeks my stomach is hugh and I suffer from anxiety and depression this is all making me worse, I will keep you updated if you would like me to x

• Posted

Wasn't due to see the doctor today due to no appointments but my fiance threatened with legal action for negligence and within the hour the phoned back to get me in to see them

• Posted

Hi, Helen!  So good to hear from you!  I'm glad your fiance called the office and gave them hell!!! Definitely try again for that medical negligence!  

Good luck with your scans tomorrow, I'll be thinking of and praying for you.  Please keep me updated! xxx

Lynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda sorry not replyed sooner iv been heartbroken I went for the scans only to be sat in pain for two hours waiting and sent home as they have lost my file so they unable to do anything, iv been booked in for Thursday if I het worse between now.and Thursday iv got to go straight to a&e, its beyond a joke now I was so lo last night I felt like ending it all just to be pain free, I just don't know what to do x

• Posted

Hi, Helen, please don't apologize!  I'm so sorry to learn about what happened!  I can't believe that they lost your file!  How horrible!  Please try to hang in there until Thursday, so you can get the scans done!  

Remember, that lots of people love you and care deeply about how you're doing!  Please stay strong for yourself and for them! xxx

• Posted

Thank you will do 😊 xxx

• Posted

Hi, Helen, haven't heard from you and am wondering how you are doing?  Please let me know! xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Sorry iv been asleep most of the day I got rushed to a&e 2am Sunday morning and didn't leave till 9am the pain was horrific I couldn't move the pain was travelling into my head and groin area, apparently my file is still missing so they were not prepared to do the scan any earlier I still have to wait till Thursday, but they saying I have a viral infection all through my body now and the reason why I'm so swelled is due to a build up off fluid which needs to be drained ots ridiculous, I'm home now they have just told me to stay on the morphine and codiene, hope your well xxx

• Posted

Hi, Helen,  I'm doing okay--I'm very concerned about you!  I'm praying for you, my Dear!  Please hang in there! xxx 

• Posted

Hi, Helen, Just wanted to drop you a line and see how you're doing.  I'm thinking of you.  When you feel better, please let me know how the scan went!.  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.