Pain and discomfort, can no longer hold a wee in?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 23 and for the past 3 or 4 months, I have lost the ability to hold on to my bladder. I never wet myself, I just have to go instantly otherwise I'm in a lot of pain.

At nighttime, I have to go the toilet sometimes up to ten times (for a wee) so that I feel empty and can settle for sleep.

I get up a lot during the night to go, and always wake up with pain in my lower abdomen. It was originally a nuisance but it's becoming more of a worry.

I've never had a smear test or anything.

There is no burning sensation when I pee, there is no blood or anything. Sometimes it's very dark but then in the same day it goes completely clear.

I don't like to go the doctor unless I absolutely have to, as my doctors are notorious for being unprofessional and often they make things worse or brush off your problems, leaving people to switch or go straight to the hospital.

Has anyone had this or similar symptoms? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You may want to follow a diet for people with interstitial cystitis (IC).  There are some guidelines you can find on the web such as cutting all Caffeine out of ur diet. 
  • Posted

Seems to me like the first thing you should do is find a physician that you have some faith in.  They are not all unprofessional. There are good docs out there too. No one on a board like this can come close to knowing what  is wrong with you. You are very young so it could some kind of infection or interstitial cystitis, or something else. Please see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.