Pain and Dizziness - Desperate for a diagnosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I will breeze over this and keep it as simple as possible. There are many lesser details I will skip for now.

I am am a 26 year old male, I've always worked a busy schedule, on my feet and have always kept a healthy lifestyle (Decent diet, never smoke, rarely drink, no drugs)

On January 28 2021 I woke up one morning with intense vertigo-like symptoms. I had never had them before in my life. I could barely stand up without feeling sick, the whole world felt like it was spinning around me.

I saw my GP the following day, and was prescribed a basic vertigo medication - no effect.

About 3 days later I regained 90% of my balance, and thought all was well again.

Within a week I was completely stuck either sitting or lying down for the same dizziness, only this time it was accompanied by a full body burning sensation. It feels exactly like sunburn. It is not unbearable, just enough to constantly remind you it is there.

In around 3 days I recovered 90% of my balance again, but the pain never went away.

Within 3 weeks I was back at square one with the symptoms coming back full force. At this point my GP seemed to be clueless about what to suggest, and would not refer me to get blood tests or anything. Needless to say I switched to a much better GP from this point forward.

These relapses have happened over and over to this day. I now have the full sunburn-like sensation, muscular pain (feels just like cramping), and since the last relapse on the 14th stabbing pains in random places on my body which last anywhere from a few seconds to a few days.

In the last almost 5 months I have had extensive blood tests and a brain MRI, all which came back perfect. I am going for a full spine MRI next week - referred by a Neurologist.

Last night I ended up in the ER with chest pain (quite intense stabbing sensation) which they were unable to diagnose. The doctor's last words to me were "you are too young to have any major issues...speak to your GP"not helpful at all. 24hrs later I still have the chest pains

The pain and a mild level of dizziness never go away. On my best days I can manage it enough to push on... on my worst days I can barely move. I also feel an overall lack of coordination, especially in my hands.

At this point I am feeling a massive financial pinch due to loosing so much work over this period and medical bills.

I am quite a tough person and it takes a lot to knock me down. All I want is to get back to my work and get out of the house. Unfortunately as long as I am dizzy I cannot drive, let alone work. I never know if the following day I may wake up with a relapse. I'm probably going to lose my job if I this persists too long, I have had to cancel my shifts far too many times.

If anyone has any ideas on a direction to look in, it would be much appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.