Pain and gurgling in lower left hand side gut

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about 4 weeks, I've had this pain, level 2-3, and gurgling in my lower left hand side, just above my hip, tender to touch. Usually worse in the mornings. Went to ER at the hospital yesterday. CT scan=nothing, blood and urine OK. They had no idea of what the problem was. No diarrhea, but sometimes loose stools. No vomiting. No fever. Sigmoid diverticulosis without diverticulitis. No jaundice. No blood in bowel movements. No dizziness. No other pains anywhere.

What is wrong ? Thanks for any suggestions.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Was IBS mentioned? Have you had a stool test for h pylori? Do you notice if food or stress sets of symptoms? Try a food diary and monitor stress levels.

• Posted

Thanks. No, I have had no stool tests. Trying a Gluten free diet at the moment. I have taken celebrex 200mg every night for years. I'll stop it for a few nights and see what happens.

• Posted

I would stop the celebrex for longer than a few days. I would stay of it for a few weeks to allow the effects of the meds to leave your system. Since you have been on it for years, you will have a lot of chemicals in your body which may be having a toxic reaction.

• Posted

Unfortunately, if I stay off Celebrex for more than 3 days, I become like a tin soldier, still at all joints.

• Posted

The pain seems to have shifted somewhat to around to my left side, and is less intense. It's almost on top of my hip bone ! Gurgling has stopped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.