Pain and gurgling under right rib

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last year and a half I've had pain and gurgling under my right rib. Oddly enough it's most noticeable when I'm washing the dishes or cooking, but is also bad when am in a squat like position with my legs against my chest. The pain often spreads to my back, but always remains under my right rib.

I don't think it can be gallbladder or liver because I don't think they would cause gurgling, but it also doesn't feel like typical stomach gurgles... It's more of a bubbling / popping sensation which can be felt if I place my hand on bottom right rib. It also doesn't seem to be gas related, nor does it seem be improve / worsen if I'm fasted or just eaten.

I had a blood test a few months ago and everything is pretty normal which would again suggest it's not liver or gallbladder. I also took a h. pylori test which came back negative. I'm a thin 30 y/o male who's otherwise relatively good health. I also have no relations with stomach / gallbladder / liver problems.

I know I need to arrange a scan at some point, but with everything that's going on right now I don't want to waste the doctor's time as I've had this for a while now and doesn't seem to be urgent. I've searched the internet many times for explanation for my symptoms, but I'm yet to find anything that's satisfactory. Does anyone have any thoughts about what could be causing my discomfort?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are not wasting the doctors time by needing health help on something. I am sure doctors will help you.

• Posted

Same issue. Had blood work and an x-ray. All clear, but yesterday I had blood in stool and I know my grandfather had a history of DIVERTICULITIS. It's still under investigation, however if I had to guess it's that. The gurgling could be blood in the intestines due to a popped polyp. Not deadly, yet you may have to change to a high-fiber diet in order to avoid bacterial infections. A colonoscopy can prove one way or the other if you have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.