Pain and lack of strength after 5 months of arthroscopy surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, i am 25 years old , for five years i suffered from pain in both shoulders that did not allow me to train, five month ago i underwent an arthroscopy operation, i believe my collarbone was shave off, with technique mumford, and the supraspinatus had a small lesion that was sutured (the tendons have degenerated, especially the supraspinatus). Now at five and half months i have recovered almost all the elasticity (for the first three months the pain during stretching was unbearable) , a month and a half ago i started muscle strengthening, until then everything happened passively without using the muscle, with the therapist. At the moment shoulder has no strenght, and the pain is still present, also new pain, much more then the preoperative , moreover the shoulder is constantly crunching , and inside the feeling is is that there is "sand" , some of you have a similar experience ? or do you think that after this time i should have already recovered? i do not know what think, im sorry for my english, thanks .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hope you are doing better now. The sand feeling may be a nerve issue?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.