Pain and loose stools every morning - sound familiar?

Posted , 17 users are following.

HI guys,

so I'm finally getting a CT colonography in 5 days, I'm terrified actually - mainly of taking the prep - barium sulfate to be exact.  It says that there have been fatalities whilst taking it and it's freaking me out, that and perforation!

Anyway I guess I"m worried that it's something else now - that my IBS isn't actually IBS but you know what I mean, I"m too scared to even say it.

I've had non stop IBS for 8 months now, with little normal poop in between, sometimes, I get all the bristol stool chart in one poop!

For me it's worse in the morning, I ALWAYS wake up with gas, pain - like period cramps (for the woman) and then an urgency that I need to go - it's normally a number 5 on the bristol stool chart, followed by a 6 then maybe back to a 1.

Anyone else relate?

I'm so tired of this - diet doesn't help, I've tried everything, now my motto is f$c% it, nothing works, so I just eat what I what, however not PASTA!

I should give up coffee and other than that I eat a pretty healthy diet, green smoothie every morning, toast or oats, salad for breakfast and fish and salad for dinner  - the occasional fatty food but I'm a good eater, always have been - stress and having an anxiety disorder are my two worst accomplices.

Anyway sorry this is really long, I'm just tired of having IBS, looking forward in a scared way to the CT - at least I'll know what it is or not and then can move forward without freaking out all the time, or freak out more but move forward.

x THanks for listening, love to hear your experience with CT and/or IBS

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Every single morning I'm in absoulte agony. It really makes me dred getting up in the morning. Sometimes I pray to my guardian angel, which DOES work.

• Posted

Hi Emma- I wake up with a fast heartbeat and diarrhea every morning followed by dry mouth and nausea most of the day. I’d like to think it was a stomach bug that’s just lingering because it all started the same time

My kids got the stomach flu but it’s been 10 days with little to no improvement. Does this sound anything like what you’ve been experiencing? 

• Posted

Hi! I can see myself with you, I've been there. I get so tired of everything and eat what I want, still the loser at the end. Have you tried the low fodmap diet? I"m doing that now, a bit of work with all the journaling and notes but some days I get no signs and some days are bad. 

• Posted

Hi. I know this thread and question is a bit old and I hope you are able to see my response. But the symptoms that you are describing related to your digestive issues sound a lot like what i am suffering from which is endometriosis. Endometriosis is a full body disease where it starts to attack the uterus and then jumps to your bladder, ovaries, intestines, and other organs. Ask your doctor about bowel endometriosis. Unfortunately, with this disease it can't be seen on CT, ultrasounds, and even MRI unless the damage is extreme. The only way to see the disease is through a laparoscopic surgery. Endometriosis is an invisible illness. I hope with this information and help you on your journey to find some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.