Pain and numbness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think i have health anxiety and i am always concern about my chest and i get chest pain most of the time and sometimes i get pain in my right hand and it feels numb sometimes is there anyone get this ?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get right chest sometimes slight pain in chest. Also breast area and under arms, tight neck, headache, acid reflux, numb/tingly feet list goes on best thing to do is see a doctor and get help about anexity
  • Posted

Where do u get chest pain can you describe it
    • Posted

Top of chest feels heaving. Right down between my breast and by my breast bone. Been checked out my docs and it's all anexity as I fell ill and me being me thought the worse and anexity kicked it been going through it for 3 months now. Where do u get the pains xx
    • Posted

Hi

look up your nerves on anatomy you will the major ones originate head neck for your area

suspect you are Sat hunched over a laptop with rounded shoulders squeezing your breastbone there really isn't any reason for pain here !! Referral pain from indigestion but nothing serious

tingling. arms fingers etc from trapped nerves due to posture

stand up rotate arms lift shoulders up n down around in and out deep breaths put chin up loosen neck your ok x

• Posted

It feels under my armpits and should sometimes it goes to the back and sometimes it feel heaviness on chest i am 22 years old
    • Posted

hi sameer i get the chest pain with anxiety i seem to suffer with that symptom more than any other symptom associated with anxiety and that scares me, the past few days i have had severe chest pain, all associated with anxiety it starts in my left breast area then travels to the centre of my chest feels really heavy then back of my throat feels like i cannot swallow then it travels to my back its horrible! had ecgs blood tests etc to rule out anything else and yes its all anxiety! been to doctors gave me strong co codamol for pain seems to be helping slightly but i need to help myself also with deep breaths and lots of reassurance, u will be fine hun i know what your going through try some painkillers and take some deep breaths and try occupy your mind onto something else easier said than done! it does get better trust me i have good days and bad days more bad days than good recently but im keeping optimistic that i am going to beat this and not the other way round! got the feeling now that its something else just trying to think different message me if u need any reassurance smile im 22 also smile x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply laura but trust it feels horrible i always try to distract my self but it's very hard to do that specially when i am alone when i 1st went to gp he put me on omeprazole and gaviscon syrup coz he said it could indegestion and took that meditcation but it didn't work then my phycatrist said all related to anxiety but it's quite scary sad
    • Posted

yep all the same with me hun i really do know what u are going through! right at this moment i am having like a choking type feeling at back of my throat keeps making me feel like i need to cough kinda like someone is trying to choke me sounds daft i no, got chest pain radiating all over my left side freaking me out but just trying to ignore it have u ever had the same symptoms together? how did u cope with them? or what did u take to try ease them? i know its hard especially harder if ur on your own try to get your mind occupied especially getting some reassurance from these posts to keep your mind at rest as me and u say its easier said than done im in the exact same situation right now really tired but anxious about going bed incase once again i dont wake up such a horrible feeling because i love my bed haha!! message me anytime if u would like a chat my pain is such a shootinng stabbing type pain and it hurts so bad as i say im 22 just wish i could stop it sad
    • Posted

When i get this chocking kind of feeling then i do forcefully burps which give me little relief anyway since when you have been suffering from this and what was the triggered for you ?
    • Posted

Yeah the choking feeling is horrible why does anxiety cause so many symptoms sad im not entirely sure what has caused all this I think stress from work to be honest and I would say I have been like this about 8 momths gradually getting worse but hopefully getting better how about yourself? What is your main symptoms?
    • Posted

My main symptom is chest pain and its all started when I smoked weed then i had my 1st panic attack about 4 months ago and since then i never felt my self I started feeling weird 24 7 dizzy lightheaded, chest pain , chocking sensation, shortness of breath and so on lol , then since I started medicine i am feeling alot better but this chest pain sometimes makes me anxious and yes chocking feeling is horrible
    • Posted

Tut tut u know what the main side effects of smoking weed are don't u lol .. anyway regardless of that glad u have quit yes u have exact same problems as me my number one issue is chest pain now im talking it gets quite severe to the point it makes me feel im going to pass out! My eyes ache and feel weird then I get acid/heartburn then pain in arms its soo horrible just want my life back just really curious about the chest pain and choking feeling together minds wandering onto other illnesses now sad what do u do to get rid of it when u get it or ease it?
    • Posted

Well its hard to distract my mind to be very honest the worse part is no matter what i am doing but my mind is still stuck there that why i am havinf this chest pain lol well i try to talk to my friends or start watching some shows anyway are you on some medication?
    • Posted

Yeah I am the same no matter what I do its always there im talking to someone im still thinking about it no matter what I do its just there constantly sad don't even have 5 minutes without it not been there and yes 5 days ago doctor prescribed me diazepam 2 mg not really working to be honest think I'm used to them already lol going to try stop them from tomorrow tho but doctor give me a 2 week course so might just take them and see what he says when he reviews me in 2 weeks what are you currently taking?
    • Posted

I am on citalopram 10mg + 0.5 xanax i am in my 5th week i never wanted to be on anti depressants but i had to gave up lol anxiety is so strong lol
    • Posted

Yes was going to say could be heartburn or acid reflux. I am on lansoprazole for acid reflux and it started when my anexity started

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.