Pain and pain relief after myomectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I recently (6 days ago) had 2 fibroids removed abdominally and I am interested to know how others felt about pain management. I was supposed to have a laparoscopy but once the procedure started it had to change due to size and location of the biggest fibroid. From the moment I was conscious I feel like i have been in pain that seemed unnecessary and I definitely wasn't left in this kind of pain after having a c-section previously. I was initially being sent home with just Ibuprofen and Paracetamol but I asked for something stronger and they have me Codeine. I haven't slept much since I had surgery and I'm still in constant pain (which i somewhat expected) but I am curious as to why it seems they don't want to manage my pain better and what others have felt after the same procedure.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.