Pain and spasms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 52 now I was doing so well for a year now all of a sudden out of no where chest wall spasm GERD pain that goes into my back.  Just had a physical recently everything was ok other than my cholesterol which is elevated.  echo ekg and chest X-ray all normal in the past 1-2 years all this starting about 5 years when I was told I was in pre- menopause now no period in a year told I have fibromyalgia.  Pain makes me panic   Any one have suggestion.  I take Zantac magnesium and b complex and flax seed just struggling these days and of course I have exams this week in college 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Misty

I had spasms in chest when I had gastitis perhaps if it continues an endoscopy might be advised to check for this?

• Posted

Hi Misty, I'm very sorry you are going through this.  I haven't had the spasms, but my husband has... he actually went to the ER thinking it was his heart... everything checked out fine.. he was having esophugal spasms... very painful and scary... he has dealt with heart burn for years and popping tums all the time.  He recently changed his diet (per his PCP for automone issues) he got a book called Undoctered, by William Davis.. cutting out wheat , carbs, sweets... since being on this he has not had one issue with heartburn at all.. and has lost about 13 pounds... I'm not sure if this is even something you are interested in trying, but I just wanted to pass on the info.  

Sending prayers your way 🙏💕 

• Posted

Hi Misty,

I know exactly what you are talking about.  This esophageal spasm is excruciatingly painful and it has happened to me 2x in the last 5 years.  The first time I honestly thought I was having a heart attack.  I broke out in a sweat and could not believe how bad the pain was.  I also have other (not quite as painful) but still very uncomfortable GERD attacks.  I have to watch a lot of what I eat and watch my posture.  I cannot hunch or sit crouched as that contributes to the GERD and the spasm.  

I take a daily aloe vera capsule which helps with the GERD.  I get it at Whole Foods.  It's called Aloe Vera Plus.  I take it with meals and it helps.  I use Zantac for the times that it gets really bad.  That and Gaviscon are the only things that will calm it and take the pain away.  

It is a scary type of pain.  I can push through a lot of discomfort and but this pain stops me in my tracks so I understand how you feel.

• Posted

Thank you I swear I’m going crazy with this pain comes and goes hurts every time I press on my chest and sometimes the pain goes into my back.  I had this pain over year ago and had everything gone now I went back to bad eating and having beer with friends and bang it’s back and debilitating 

Had echo endo colonoscopy lord it’s enough I also noticed that my cholesterol is elevated and the symptoms worsened just odd 

• Posted

Try limiting your carbs. That helped me control the GERD without medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.