Pain and tightness in calf 3 months after PKR. DVR?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 46 and had a PKR there months ago. Yesterday I suddenly experienced a severe pain in my calf, I couldn't walk it was so painful. It is now very tight and still painful all the time. It's not red or swollen. I'm slightly concerned it could be a blood clot. Anybody have any experience of this? I don't think I've pulled a muscle. It's still very painful today. Are you still at risk of clots this long after surgery?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debs I’m 3months tkr.Im having really bad pain in my calves.Unfortunately it’s possible to get a clot anytime.I’m permanently on aspirin for heart problems and I also injected myself for 2 weeks but mentioned to my GP about the calf pain and she insisted I went to hospital for a scan just to be sure.I would advise you to get it checked out just to be sure though it’s probably just muscle pain.
  • Posted

Yes you are and should have it checked but my guess, its a pinched nerve coming out of the spine, possible sciatica. Try icing your spine and then doing some very slow and gentle leg lifts, holding at the top for a 3 or 4 count.

Blood clots generally are a little slower to come on and cover an area the size of a small fist and may have nausea.

Also you can put ice on the site spot. Did you do a lot of sitting in one sport for an extended period of time or that sort of thing.

• Posted

Not been as active last few weeks due to increased pain. I know have the same tightness and pain just above the knee. I'll see how it goes and maybe get it checked out after the weekend.

• Posted

Blood clots usually form when you are lying or sitting for very extended times after surgery. I took blood thinners for 3 weeks until risk was diminished by my activity. I had knots in my muscles that my PT massaged. Very painful. Never massage blood clot

Final word, if you are concerned, see your doctor. Hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Blood clots usually form when you are lying or sitting for very extended times after surgery. I took blood thinners for 3 weeks until risk was diminished by my activity. I had knots in my muscles that my PT massaged. Very painful. Never massage blood clot

Final word, if you are concerned, see your doctor. Hope you get relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.