Pain! Any suggestions?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi friends

So hard to ask...

I’m having horrible pain in-on clitoris (nerve pain?)!! Desperate for relief!! I took a look (after directly applying my emu oil and then some v-magic to try to soothe it, but direct touch seems to have set it into major pain!) and what I  see is only a red bump which I think *is* the clitoris!!! I’m so unsure of myself but that’s what it looks like. SO painful and SO hard to post this! Gawd!! Crying. 

Any suggestions for relief welcomed!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I’m so sorry you are suffering like this! Perhaps try a soak in warm water? Maybe with some baking soda or sodium bicarbonate ? I would say don’t touch it for a while until it heals up. Sometimes with LS the skin can bruise very easily (like with sex) and that can be super painful to the touch especially right there. It will feel like nerve pain, I’ve had it before. hopefully it will go away in the next couple days. 
  • Posted

Hi pat0423,

So sorry to hear of your current situation. Nerve pain is the worst it seems because it’s so intense, but there are some things you can try. Don’t cry. Let’s see what you can do now to reduce your flare. Do you have a sitz bath or can you soak in a tub for a bit with some really warm water with Epsom Salts dissolved in it? If not, have you ever tried a bag of frozen peas on your parts to numb the pain? When I’m really desperate, I have and it sometimes helps. Use a light towel in between for protection. Do you have any oral medication you can take? Aloe Vera gel is also very soothing and calming to apply. I just started using that and I like it very much. I haven’t tried the baking soda and borax soak yet, but that might be helpful too. Try to remember this won’t last and you will get through it. 

What brought the pain on? Just you applying your products like normal? Has that happened before? I’m going to start a journal at another poster’s suggestion to try to figure out why the flares come so I can avoid them. I’m trying to figure out my own journey still and I’m four years in. But this site is helping more than my doctor has. 

This too too shall pass pat. Believe it. Try to focus on something else until it does-music, movie, book? 

Take care.

• Posted

So sorry your going through this Pat. I don't actually have a bath so have to shower. Is applying the emu oil a recent thing as everything I try seems to irritate me greatly including steroid creams and anything with white paraffin in it. The only thing I can use is Organic Aloe Vera Gel. It cools, soothes and moisturises. I used to use it several times a day as moisturising is key with LS, but now I'm down to morning and night. Yes keep a journal of what works and what doesn't. Good luck and hope your pain eases soon x

• Posted

This is how it all started for me with an enlarged clitoris that was just throbbing constantly. I couldn't sleep with it at all and was on edge.

Only thing that helped me was an ice pack and taking gabapentin which helped fight the nerve pain.

My clitoris has now completely shrunk into my skin.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I hope it settles quickly for you.

• Posted

So sorry for your pain. The Last time I had a flare has been quite some time but what I used I got from Walgreens called Aloecaine. It was in the section for burns. Its a clear gel of aloe mixed with lidocaine. It helped tremendously. Best of luck and I hope you find relief soon!😚

• Posted

Hi pat, honestly the only thing that I have found to relieve such pain is the steroid cream, Clobestol.  I have problems sometimes in that area and if you apply it twice a day for a few days it will go away.
  • Posted

Thank you all for your replies. 

I found plain warm water to be soothing and ended up taking ibuprofen and getting a couple hours sleep. 

Not sure what set it off, diet was very clean. No new products. I think it was just touching it with product. 

Guppy, I actually have been having throbbing and most of my discomfort has been there recently so I thought I should actually stop using steroid cream there!! Was putting clob or betamethasone there for a week already. I’m so confused! I want to heal it not make it worse. 

The aloe with numbing agent sounds good to have on hand. 

I’m having hemorrhoid problem at same time so I tried a little of that too just now - nope!!

Will try clob again, Guppy. 

Omg I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else either!!

• Posted

Hi Pat, can I ask why were you putting the Clob there in the first place?  was this maintenance every day for a week?  I only use the Clob for emergencies like what your going through now.  Sometimes if you take new medications that can cause flare ups as well.
    • Posted

I’ve been having either the pain/throb/pulsing there for a long while Guppy. Weeks.   (Also hard time stepping down from clob/betametasone) overall. But it’s gotten more intense the last couple days just in that area (clit)... 
    • Posted

Hi, when I have problems it is always in my clit area and I use the clob twice a day for a few days and that's it.   Because you say you have already been using it for over a week and its got worse i think I would stop it for now and take your paracetamols and whatnot.  For me, foods or Medicines can trigger the kind of pain you are talking about, and unfortunately it is one of the worst symptoms. If you have not changed anything then it makes it harder to figure out whats going on...extreme stress can trigger flare ups too...I would avoid any kind of exercise, stress, alcohol and pray it starts to dissipate...If it doesn't then after a few days try the clob again, remember less is more. 

What do you think to that plan?

• Posted

Hi Pat

So sorry to hear you’ve been in so much pain- I’ve been in the same boat this week and it’s really distressing at times!

I thought I had haemorrhoids but it’s the LS in that area apparently- to this end I find the suppositories with steroids work really well when you have a flare! If you’re in the UK you need to ask the pharmacist for them- might be worth a try!

All the very best,

Sally

• Posted

I too had horrible pain in my clit and put emuaid on it for 10 days and pain was gone.  This was before Dr gave me clob, now if I feel a tingling or throbbing in clit, i put a pea sized amount of clob on it. I still use emuaid to moisturize as clob is VERY DRYING! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.