Pain at 6 Weeks, is this normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a total hip replacement 6 weeks ago, and I've suddenly started getting pain in my groin and outer hip area. I've had very little pain once the surgery pain had settled, so I'm wondering why it's suddenly started. Is this a normal occurrence? My imagination is running riot of course!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a THR of my right hip 8 weeks ago. About a week ago I too had groin and outer hip pain, but this comes and goes. I am scheduled for a THR of my left hip at the end of May and the discomfort of the left hip takes my mind off the right hip!

From what I have read on this and other forums, this is quite common but if your pain is bad perhaps it would be better to get advice from your consultant.

• Posted

Thank you so much Cherry2603. That's very reassuring as my symptoms seem very similar to yours, so maybe it is a common pattern. I also had my right hip replaced and I'm now getting a lot of pain and loss of function, but have no date for that replacement. Hope the surgery goes really well for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.