Pain at waist

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am having side bone/muscle pain and lower back pain. I have an appointment booked with my doctor, but it's not for another weak. The pain is on my side, like if you put your hands on your hips, where your thumbs would be. I don't know much about anatomy, but based on pictures, it would be my ilium.

The pain goes from my waist to my lower back in a v-shape. It's a burning/aching feeling. It feels better when I move around, and hurts when I sit. 

I had this exact same pain when I was pregnant, but figured it was pregnancy related. My last pregnancy was five years ago, and I am confident I am not pregnant. 

Does this ring any bells??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't have a lot of knowledge of the physical anatomy of our bodies either. I could be wrong but I'm wondering if it's your SI joints. Your SI joints are actually lower than what you're indicating but you could have a little referred pain and that's why your feeling it there. I suggest the SI joints because those are common complaints with pregnancy but you can also have problems with it without pregnancy. I have a lot of problems with my SI joints, well I have arthritis in them and sitting is a big problem for me . I suggest that you try to keep moving but take it easy don't do sudden jerks or any of that kind of thing. Make sure you stretch every day until you get to see your doctor . And then I'm sure that he will guide you in the direction that you need to go. Oh and ice it every day 20 minutes on 20 minutes off . Just do that as often as you can .

• Posted

After looking at a diagram, the pain definitely ends near the SI joint
  • Posted

Do you feel the pain in your side is close to the hip ?
    • Posted

Close to it. About an inch and a half above my hip. It starts where my hip bone juts out, then follows a path behind in a v-shape
  • Posted

Sitting on a wallet a lot can definitely cause problems. It can cause a shift in the alignment of the hip bones....which can lead to a number of other aches n pains.

Again, not saying that that's what it is but sounds like some similar type symptoms. That spot could be some inflammation where the muscles/tendons attach at the hip.

Stones are more of a dull BUT VERY PAINFUL ache, deeper than at the bone level. I mean VERY PAINFUL!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.