Pain back after eating sweeties

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had some attacks last year, had a scan and they couldn't see any stones but the lady said she is sure I have them. I changed diet and was careful because I don't want to have it out unless it gets a lot worse. Then today I have niggly pain on right side at waist level. Only new thing I ate was fruit pastilles and liquorice allsorts. Would anybody know if either of these might be a trigger?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

@fumanchu I know you can't have any fatty foods or else they will be a trigger for gallstones but I don't know about sets though but pastries are fatty foods aren't they just look up the stiff your rating and look up what causes an attack for gallstones and you will have all your answers I pray you don't have them bcuz these things are extremely painful I will keep you in my prayers god bless you sweetie
    • Posted

I don't eat pastries no, these are mainly sugar and I really cant see sugar causing this. Odd.
  • Posted

I don't know about those particular things but, if you have gallstones just about everything is going to bother you. We are all different. If you have gallstones for sure-get them out because it will get worse.
  • Posted

Hi Fumanchu all I can say I do have a lot of problems with main especially when it comes the food. Unfortantly fruit pasties contain a lot of acid and this some how can cause pain if are you gonna eat these things it is sometimes better to have something a little bit more filling so when you do have acidi things so won't effect your digestive system. For me I tend to say away from fresh orange and apple juice as that causes a lot of pain. I hope you get better soon and good luck.
  • Posted

Ok thanks, def will avoide them in future anyway smile
  • Posted

Both could trigger, any sugar items can start them off. Some people will be affected differently with what they eat. But dairy is a issue so be careful.
    • Posted

All calmed down again and I certainly won't eat them again. The list of safe foods seems to shrink over the years lol
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I've learned done stuff tonight myself and I know fumanchu wad very excited when she got the news, but I have an appointment to see the doctor about my surgery on Wednesday au 1:30pm so I will post what or decisions are gonna be thank you guys so much for all your prayers and advice it helped and helps me alot so I am very appreciative so thank
    • Posted

It's agreat forum Fergus, better advice in here than from some docs! Hope all goes perfectly for you xx
    • Posted

Had a few liquorice and jelly baby sweets last night, and oh boy did I suffer last night, so the answer strategy can.
    • Posted

Oh that's great to know - not great to have pain lol. Thansk for that Janet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.