Pain behind knees with fibromyalgia

Posted , 12 users are following.

Any other fibromites get this pain/ache? It's behind both knees, anyone?

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Pam,

I see this post is a year old but I wanted to say that I get the exact same pain. Right behind my knees. Absolutely terrible. It hasn't gone away in 8 months. Doctors have checked literally everything. It is Fibro!

• Posted

Have Fibro and I also get swelling and pain behind my knees. Sometimes it's one or the other or both. They swell and sometimes will burn. I feel nodules but am afraid to massage them. Maybe trigger points? But why the swelling? Has anyone figured out what it could be?

• Posted

I get this pain too.. on and off a lot. Yesterday I raked leaves for a very long time.. by the end of it my knee hurt and was swollen on the back right where it bends. I slept awful as it didnt die down and is still bothersome, and even my hand went numb on the same side. That was probably coincidental though. None the less, super nervous this is a bakers cyst or blood clot. I have had fibro for 9 years.
  • Posted

I have knee pain as well. I have had a trick knee for nearly 20 years so it clicks when I walk and climb stairs. But since I have had fibromyalgia I now get pain behind the knee and on the sides. Should note that there are also lymph nodes in that area that can get inflamed with fibro which can cause some discomfort too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.