Pain below (left) collarbone and menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone can help me...or if any of you have similar symptoms. I am 50, been menopausal for around a year, and have started noticing more and more symptoms and they are driving me up the wall! 

Well, the new one is, I am having a dull ache below collar bone that comes and goes. Its scaring the bejeezuz out of me. I had a EKG and other cardio check in Oct 2017 and everything was fine. I do have issues with posture (thanks to desk /computer job 8 hrs a day) that I try to correct when I remember. But I feel it may be related to menopause. I do use magnesium oil (started recently) and 1 tbsp of sunflower lecithin. 

Please help...any suggestion and tips are most welcome!  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep I had that for a few months on my left side and I also had Test from my heart thru mammogram 3D thru ultrasound and nothing bad all came back normal as of now it went away but I was scare .  Hopefully all symptoms goes away
  • Posted

I do get pain like that, as well as other pains, and it usually coincides with burning feet and legs which I think is my version of a hot flash. Do you get the pain after a hot flash?
    • Posted

Thanks Suzanne for your answer. I rarely get hot flashes (TOUCHWOOD), but I have noticed that it usually comes with if I have stressed about something, be it physically or mentally. So dont know what to make of it. I read here on someone's experience that it can be because of low progesterone? Do you know anything about it? What / how does one get enough progesterone? I dont want to take any tabs or chemical progesterone. Anyway one can increase it via diet or other natural sources?

• Posted

I know there are herbal remedies for estrogen but have never heard of one for progesterone. 

I haven’t gotten traditional hot flashes either, but I do think when we get those pains that’s our version of one. Like right now, I’m getting the pain in my left back and dizzy head and when this happens I notice my feet tingling and burning. 

I did try natural compounded progesterone for awhile, it helped me sleep. But I went off of them in fear of side effects. I wasn’t sure what was being caused by what. I did go and get a natural progesterone cream, it’s over the counter at the compounding pharmacy. I start using it when my breast get very sore and I’m spotting. Haven’t used it regularly so not sure if it helps. But the label saying it is a known carcinogenic in California doesn’t help! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.