pain below my left rib

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have been feeling uncomfortable for two days now, its a pain below my left rib, if bends towards the left side i will feel the pain and if i lift heavy object with my left hand i also feels the pain.

And it seems the pain comes and go cause very early in the morning i feels it severely but as the day roll on it depreciate.

someone please i need some assistance ...thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sound like pulled muscle - nerv. try warm bath and go easy on your back... i believe its nothing serious... try use heat patch overnight on the area that you feel pain...

Hint: try not to lift heavy objects for few days... or ask someone to help you evertime you need to do so.... wink use manual handling techniques...let your knees do the work...stay as close as possible to the object...etc.

Best of luck... if it doesnt go away with week seek gp assistance.

• Posted

If you have been doing anything strenuous, this could have caused the pain.  Try nurofen.   It may also be costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartillage in your rib cage.  If the pain continues or gets worse, see your doctor.
    • Posted

Its a strong painkiller. You can buy it over the counter in any pharmacy.
  • Posted

thanks a lot for your advice both you said something about heat patch .....can you shed more light on that
    • Posted

You can get it in pharmacy..its like muscle relief heat patch...kinda like a sticky tape that you put on your back and it will keep it warm... as it usually helps with pulled muscle or nerv...

Large size heat patch is more like 9£ each or so...

Give it a go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.