Pain below ribs - endometriosis???

Posted , 2 users are following.

been on the pill since around April 2017 after I went to a&e with severe pain on the left side as well as passing out which turned out to be an 5cm ovarian cyst I was given morphine and stayed in hospital until the Monday when I could get scans to see the size of it. No further treatment was given as it had ruptured but I had a checkup scam to make sure it was healing, the scan three months later showed the cyst healing and a few 2cm cysts on the left ovary but was from ovulation as my period was due in two weeks, I still had pain that came and went after the ruptured cysts for months and was put to mittelshemerz syndrome (pain during ovulation) and I eventually decided to go on the pill to prevent missing work every two weeks from ovulation pain and period pain, despite being on the pill back to back only getting my period in holidays the pain is still there it was put to sensitive ovaries and then Just healing but over a year later I would of hoped they had healed? The pain worsed when I had bowel movements or had a full tummy as though it was putting pressure on the scarred tissue in my ovary, I’m bad for sometimes forgetting the pill if I’ve fallen asleep early as I take it at night so decided I would come off it about four days later I got a really heavy period which lasted for around 4 days which is not normal as the pill lightens mine and shortens them and then four days later I got pink spotting which turned into a watery period (tmi) then a very heavy clotted period the pain was agonising and I stayed in bed the whole time, I felt faint and was green with nausea after this I decided to go back onto the pill as it was to painful for me to handle. recently (past two weeks) I have been getting the same pain but on my right side as well as pain just below the rib cage which is a bit further up than normal especially after eating a greasy meal and pain at my left shoulder but has not been so bad recently, had a few drinks on Friday night and woke up screaming with pain at around 5am. Wondering if it’s to do with gallbladder or endometriosis or another ruptured cyst! Can’t be bothered going to the doctor just yet until I’ve been on the pill for a little while again or they’ll blame it on that or ovulation pain and want to be taken seriously, sorry for the long explanation I’m pretty much saying I get servere ovarian pain and pain below my ribs when I come of the pill and get my period to the point I feel sick and feel like passing out with it, pain after eating occasionally, pain with bowel movements and very heavy periods now could this be a sign of endo? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The greasy meal -- bad pain upper right /bottom of rib cage is classic gallbladder pain. The good news is that we can take care of our gallbladder & make them better if they are still alive. The 1st step, as you will have guessed, is avoiding greasy foods and especially avoiding them after 2 or 3 p.m. Doctors have a hard time dealing with varied sources of pain. You may need to keep records of the different k8nds & areas of pain. When you talk to docs, speak in short clear sentences and make sure they understand. Otherwise one gets the label I always achieved: "Claims diffuse pain, nothing specific." In fact I was always very specific but I used sentences with more than 5 words. #doctorsareilliterateidiots

• Posted

If the pain under my rib continues what should I do? Do I just avoid greasy food for the rest of my lifesad?  I’m thinking of going to the doctors if my next period when I come of the pill is as painful as my last as I don’t think it’s right! Thank you so much x
    • Posted

I apologize for not being very clear: yes, you need to find out with a doctor if that is gallbladder pain. I'm a little out of date but I assume they still check that with ultrasound & maybe some fluid tests.

As to greasy food: so yummy and so bad for us. Here in America we tend to keep on eating tons of high fat greasy foods, get our gallbladders removed, then suffer heart disease in its myriad forms and other sequelae of eating greasy foods. I'm from the South, the Gulf Coast, and I adore fried chicken & fried shrimp. I now limit the chicken to once or twice yearly because I don't like heartburn. I bake or boil my shrimp. The choice is yours.

You do have to be very clear & firm with the doctors about the different pains, otherwise on all counts they may dismiss you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.