Pain between shoulder blades, sternum, and jaw joint pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few months ago I went to the ER with sharp pain between the shoulder blades wrapping around to a very painful breast bone. Blood work show it was not heart related. My family doctor prescribed muscle relaxants and physical therapy.

The last few days I have had a feeling like an ice pick stuck between my shoulder blades, almost debilitating at times and sore jaw muscles, like you get if you have been clenching/ grinding your teeth at night, which I have been known to do. Both symptoms are worrisome, but you cannot be running to the ER for every pain, and Lyme/Fibromyalgia sufferers get more than their fair share.

I have read that many Lyme patients report issues with pain between the shoulder blades. Does anyone also experience painful jaw muscles at the same time? I have read that TMJ is also a symptom of Lyme so suspect that is what this actually is, but jaw pain is a classic heart symptom.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard sound like you have cervical spondylitis it's top three or four disc in top your spine under neath your head neck your disc are wearing down due to age etc hope this helps oh change your pillow that support you head neck wen I got pain told wot I had doc gave me 10mg amitrittiline excuse spelling pain gone for bit 

• Posted

Hi Richard. 

Were you ever able to work out what was going on ?? I have the exact same symptoms as you. 

Thanks for your time 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.