Pain, bloating, gas and back pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 22 and I have abdominal pain on and off for about three weeks now l, it started in my upper right side and went away for a few days and came back all over my upper abdomen now and hurts to press near my ribs and my back hurts too. I had an ultrasound and the technician couldn't see anything but I haven't seen my doctor yet. The last 2 days have been worse and it's now in my lower abdomen and pelvic region. I have little appetite and feel constantly bloated. I did the stupid thing and googled symptoms and now I'm scared I have ovarian or pancreatic cancer. I've been so anxious and run down the last month. I don't know what to do

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't goggle . I did and I though I had pancreas cancer and my doctor test me for the Enzimes and was negative. My pain is in my mid left quadrant and is there but it flares more when my period comes it is so bizarre. And I can't excersice. Making appointment to see what else it is. Is not normal I take Mexium 40 mg and I have. A sliding hiatal hernia

• Posted

I have a sliding hiatal hernia too (3cm).. How large is yours? Do you get noticable symptoms from it? Maybe the poster could have one or simply a stomach ulcer but just that they have said that it's in the lower abdo now and pelvic area suggests to me possible constipation as a suggestion as they haven't mentioned bowel habits. 

• Posted

When they did the endoscopy it doesn't said it says mild sliding hiatal hernia. And I don't know if the abdominal pain on my left side is relate to the hernia.

• Posted

Is the abdo pain around the back in the lower part of your rib cage more to the side of your body or is it on the back? If the back then the kidneys are there.. I get pain there too but my reason is because I was born with 1 kidney which I only found out last year! They thought I had kidney stones which was why they scanned and it's a much larger kidney than what would normally be there because the body compensates.. So when my Large intestines are quite loaded with stools or gas it can put pressure on the kidney. This is just my situation and I think it helps to share things like this because it does often give people clues or gets them thinking or looking at different things instead of assuming the worst.

I would guess your next step would be a colonoscopy. Do you already have one arranged?

• Posted

Is on my left side mid quadrant below the ribs. They did all kids if test heart , pancreas, spleen ovarian you name it I had it and it turned out normal. Am I lost is bizarre I get schedule a colonoscopy next year which I have been having that since I was 37.
  • Posted

Sounds like IBS.  All my tests were negative and seven doctors couldn't help.  I panicked and googled too much and thought I had ovarian, pancreatic and cervical cancer.  I was eventually diagnosed with IBS. Ask your doctor for a CT, stool test for h pylori, endoscopy and colonoscopy.  You could also get tested for celiac.

Have you had any changes in bowel habit?  Keep a food diary to check for food intolerances.

• Posted

I've been tested for celiac and it was negative. I'm a sensitive to dairy m, though I still eat it. I've never had a reaction like this though

• Posted

If you are sensitive to dairy, avoid eating it completely.  This could be causing your symptoms.
  • Posted

Are you sure you're not constipated? How often are you going? And what are the stools like? and do you feel relief after you've gone symptom wise?

Your stomach is where you describe "pressing" btw.

• Posted

I've had days where I go more frequently and days when I feel like I need to but can't, I feel better if I haven't eaten

• Posted

I always find it handy to use 3D body to figure out where exaclty pain is coming from, when you click on an organ it lists symptoms and things.. If you haven't used it before then just search for 3D body in whatever search engine and it's the BioDigital one.

• Posted

Your too young to have ovarian cancer.

Additionally, are you on birth control?  People on birth control...or elders that have been on birth control in the past...have a much LESSER chance of developing Ovarian Cancer.

• Posted

Uhm, I don't think she has ovarian cancer, but too young? There are girls with 15 and ovarian cancer..... chance is less, but not impossible.

• Posted

Not impossible...your right...but RARE....

It could be a cyst as well....but either are likely if she is on birth control...which I did not see an answer for that yet.

• Posted

thankyou for replying, no I'm not on birth control

• Posted

Have you had a recent "pap smear"?  The Dr. can usually feel cysts or tumors..and the pap smear would come back...weird..that is how they found my "cysts" years ago...I had a polyp the size of a lemon and I DIDNT even know it...I had no symptoms.

Since your worried...the only thing you can really do...is have this check up...to ease your mind.

• Posted

I've never had one but I'm going to see a gynaecologist later in the week and ask her advice l, thankyou for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.