Pain but bloods say no inflammation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello diagnosed with RA 18 months ago. Taking methotrexate. I've had several flares with hot painful joints.what I'm confused about is I sometimes get pains in joints with no inflammation showing in bloods. Aching and shooting pains in several joints but also pain in backs of heels and front of shins. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Especially the no inflammation showing bloods. I'm RA positive and anti ccp positive. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

I'm similar to you. Even during my worst flares ever I can have blood work to check the inflammation levels and it hardly shows any at all (cpk, and esr). I test crazy high for both CCP and RF, have a deformed wrist, damage to my right ankle, and an elbow that won't straighten or bend all the way so obviously I have some kind of inflammation. I also don't get the swelling others do. Obviously I have some kind of inflammation going on or I wouldn't feel like I do... I'm on Enbrel, but it seems to have quit working too, so I get to start a new med soon that I hope will. I really wish they wouldn't base everything on a dang blood test, but how we FEEL! I wish you the best and hope you have a doctor who understands all this.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.I thought I was losing the plot. I hope you do better on your new meds x
    • Posted

Wow....really? Geez, try to help someone out with similar issues and just get kicked in the gut. Guess I won't be responding or posting here anymore. I was under the impression that we are all here to help each other out. Was I ever wrong... goodbye to this site.

• Posted

I have just been catching up on posts and was sorry to see you are leaving the site. I am not sure what has upset you but everyone's contribution is personal and valid and it would be a shame if everyone else can't gain from your experience. I am the same as you and treatments don't work very long for me.

Fortunately my Rheum team know that my CRP doesn't show up abnormal very often but my rhematoid factor was checked and was something like 800. I hope you have got your new meds by now and you are feeling a bit better.

Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.