Pain Directly Underneath Ribage For 5 Days Now

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! So for about 5 days now I have been experiencing increasing amounts of pain directly under my ribcage that starts in the middle of my upper abdomen and radiates to my navel after every meal. The pain is a gnawing, long lasting pain that can last for more than 7 hours. I've tried taking antacids like Pepto and Tums but the relief only lasts a few seconds. The mornings seem to be the one time I don't experience any pain because there is nothing in my stomach to cause it. The pain doesn't start until about an hour or two after my meals but, once the pain starts, it doesn't stop until the food passes to my intestines. There have been no changes to my diet at all, I don't eat out, and my bowel movements are completely normal. I am very healthy and have no health issues. I've done my research and the only thing I can think it may be is Acid Reflux or an Ulcer but am so confused as to what it could be. Please help! The only food that seems to not mess things up is very small amounts of carbs and LOTS of water but I can't live on that forever haha Thanks for your help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go to docs. Something is irratating your digestive system.the sooner you go the better. Not sure what it is as you don't have diahorrea /gas/bloating or vomiting. A food sensitivity perhaps? What happens when you eat other food groups?
    • Posted

Normally absolutely nothing i can usually eat whatever I want no problems. The last few days though any amount of other food groups will cause pain within 1-2hours after eating. The other day I just had simple soup broth and that caused as much pain as the sandwitch I had a few days prior. LIke I said I can eat a small amount of carbs without pain but that's usually limited to the beginning of the day. by the end of the day any and all food groups will hurt no matter how little or a lot I eat. So frustrating to say the least lol
  • Posted

Really hard to tell, but I get ribcage pain just like you and normally is in the afternon. I have mild reflux and gastritis so I believe is all conected.
  • Posted

Go to your doctor  get it checked out  I did and found out that I have  a hernia  so get it checked Jocelyne   Cambridge  UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.