Pain Discomfort Fear Sadness is My Life

Posted , 10 users are following.

51 year old has had RA since age 3.  Doctors all suck. Where do I turn?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Doreen. I wish I knew what to say to make it easier. I'm sorry that you have hit this low. It's a difficult illness. I've come through a very rough flare up and two lots of surgery this year and I know how important it is to have a great team of docs and family support.

I hope you are able to reach out to someone for help. There are lots of people who understand how you feel. You've obviously been through a lot.

Be brave and put your foot down with unresponsive docs or find someone else who will listen. Reach out to your friends and family.

I really hope you feel better soon. Good wishes. Deborah

• Posted

Doreen, have you ever tried antibiotic protocol? I'm starting it tomorrow. Many successful treatments from this, it's just difficult to find a Doc that will treat. Let me know, I can tell you where to find resources for Doctors in your area.
    • Posted

Hi Nikoloal

We're would you find this antibiotic protocol as nothing is working for me

• Posted

Hi Doreen,

obviously not all doctors suck , it would be the same that to say that everyone sucks. RA is not easy but can be dealt with - if you are not happy with your doctor you need to change him/her,  as it is crucial to have a good relationship  with someone that is so importan to your life as a chronic patient. Maybe too you are depressed - what is perfectly normal and that can de also dealt with.

If you let us know what are your treatment I am sure we can help giving suggestions - antibiotic treatment is not easily found because it is not suppor

• Posted

Dear Doreen, and optimist100

irradiated lymphocyte therapy was used in the 70s and 80s but proved to have no result besides the usual placebo effect. Not only that, but it can be dangerous as it kills white blood cells quite randomly. That's the reason why is it so difficult to find.

Biological therapies are by far the more effective treatment for RA  so if you are serious about becoming better they are your best bet.

If you want to spend huge amounts of money in therapies that do not work I would strongly recommend homeopathy, which  is cheaper and at least do not put you in risk.

I do understand that is difficult to live with RA, I have it myself , but the less logical you are approaching the disease, and the more you see doctors as your enemy the worst you will be at the end.

And dear Optimist100  you should not keep giving advice that is not proved , you can be putting people in danger as well as yourself . Like I said I understand that is difficult to live with it but you are not helping yourselve or the other patients by doing that.

I hope you feel better Doreen

• Posted

I agree about the biologics.  Have you tried them Doreen?
  • Posted

Cata, your comments are insensitive and insulting, you don't know what the OPs situation is other than they have suffered this idisease for close on 50 years.  Perhaps you should look to your own advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.