Pain down the top of the inner thigh

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone else get nerve like pain down the side of their inner thigh when your LS is bad? The left hand side of my vulva is worse with the LS then the right and keep on getting nerve like pain down the left side of my inner thigh. Sorry to sound like a worrier but not sure if I am the only one that is getting this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm not sure if mine is the same as yours as we all describe our symptoms differently. I feel as if both sides of my inner thighs are burning.When I'm in bed I can't stand my thighs together it seems to make it worse. The symptoms can be there for days then go and come back again with no pattern. Recently I have had the same problem but worse on my outer thighs. I went to the doctor and he said it was coming from my back and the pain radiates out (burning) through my thighs. I never mentioned my inner thighs as I had already been about that about 18 months ago and the doctor gave double base (useless). Now what is interesting he prescribed 10mg of amitriptyline which is the lowest dose of anti-depressant. I'm not depressed may I say! it seems the medical world have found low doses of anti-depressant help cure or aliviate nerve pain. I have been on them for 2 weeks now and the outer thighs are 75 % better and my inner thighs have no symptoms at all. Bonus is I am sleeping better and I feel less stressed about my LS. As we all know its important to keep stress away as it can start a flare up. I hope my reply has been helpful. All the best. x
  • Posted

Hi lisette, I too am on amitriptyline too. 10ml. I too am not depressed and have it for reducing nerve pain but for arthritis. I do think though that it help not only the stress which is brilliant for LS sufferers but the itching has gone completely. I still get the soreness but one symptom down is great. You are right about the sleeping too.It really helps having a low dose of this as it is a nerve supresser. You may get a bit of a numb sensationsometimes in your feet but that is all it is -a numb[i:8e3e301412] sensation[/i:8e3e301412] This drug is great. Mal
  • Posted

Hi - Thanks for your replies. I am on 150mg of Pregablin twice a day as my pain and soreness is really bad at the moment. This tablet is also for nerve pain. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now and my sleep and pain did improve a bit but now I am starting to wake in the night again.

It's funny the burning and nerve pain at the top of my inner thigh comes and goes, unlike my vulva pain and soreness which is constant. It will be there for a few days and then goes away again.

• Posted

Gosh! after reading the last few posts i think that the pain i have been experiencing for so long cud also b the same nerve pain u all describe! .... i am on cipralex, low dose, as have jus cum off hrt, and helps wiv symptoms...but it cud also b helping wiv my nerve pain aswell, and i go bac to hospital in couple of months to get LS checked agen....wonder if i`ll have to stay wiv using the cream and soap free wash forever now!?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.