Pain due to Calcification of tendons in shoulder

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I’ve recently had scans of my shoulders of tendons that connect muscles on my upper arm (rotator cuff).When reaching for things in my back seat the movement causes massive pain.

How can this be treated ?

I take diclorphenic tablets every day at night and it hasn’t solved the problem 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Calcification causes many problems including prostate gland problems. I am no expert but I do seek answers to various problems and I am now taking K2 vitamin and Magnesium Chloride in the raw, which I dilute with pure water.

I can't yet tell you if it has improved things but at least you can google this stuff and find things out for yourself.

The other thing you might try is a cortisone jab.

Good luck.   

• Posted

Have you taken Cipro or related antibiotics for urinary infections or prostatitis? Those drugs can cause problems with tendons. Google "Floxed by Fluoroquinolone Toxicity". 

Stebrunner

• Posted

Cortizone injection as chris suggests , but this is a prostate forum . 
  • Posted

This post has a lot to do with this being a prostate forum because the most common antibiotic given for prostatitis (suspected or real), and epididymitis is Cipro - or its siblings, Ofloxacin and Moxifloxacin.  Levofloxacin (levaquin) is also a sibling but more usually given for bronchial problems.  These antibiotics are all members of the fluoroquinolone class, and, as Stebrunner has already mentioned, are famed for their ability to cause tendon problems along with a whole host of other, equally serious problems. 

If Mr President, you should definitely take a look at the fluoroquinolone antibiotic forum on this site, especially if you have other aches or pains and remember being given Cipro at any time.

Everyone else should remember that these antibiotics can cause serious and disabling side effects which may be permanent. The FDA increased warnings yet again about them recently.  My advice is to ask for an alternative, whatever these are prescribed for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.