Pain during MRI

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I had an MRI with contrast yesterday (Saturday), during which I experienced a lot of pain in my teeth and left cheek and temples. Just curious to know if anyone else had the same experience.

It was a good hour before the stabs and shocks went away.

The scan operator was a bit concerned about it until I mentioned I was having the scan to determine if there is any nerve compression as I have TN, poor man, he was worried that a bit of metal was about to explode out of my face!! 😁

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, so sorry you are having this horrible pain. No one understands it except the people who are going through it too.

That is the same symptoms I had when I was first diagnosed. The Dr. prescribed carbamazapineI which took care of the pain. It has side effects but just to get relief was worth it. I have tried everything including acupuncture. It did work for a short time. Now I found relief taking a high potency vitamin B complex. This works. It may take 2 days for your body to respond. They say it is a deficiency in our body of B. 

I hope this helps you. Have a blessed day!

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have had TN for about 14 years but hadn't recognised it for what it was! Not until the pain got so much worse, affected other parts of my face and nothing got rid of it. The only thing that has helped is Carbamazepine. I must admit I am tempted to try Turmeric having read a great deal about it. The Vitamin B makes sense too as B vitamins are essential for the proper function of nerves. There's no harm in trying.

Did you experience the symptoms of TN during an MRI? I'd be interested to hear if you did.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi I’ve just been diagnosed and was wondering if you just took the vit b with out the other drugs as that’s what I am trying only on sat two though😩 still in pain though 

• Posted

I take a 800 mg turmeric in the morning. After my 1st meal of the day I take a B12 & also a B complex (100 mg each of B1 B6 & B12.)  At night I take  1/2 pill of Carbamazapine.

If you take to much you have pain. If you don't take enough, you have pain. 

These work for me. Other people have  taken just the B vitamins & had no pain.

The vitamins are safe. Talk to your Dr. & see if they agree. Check also on youtube under "Relief of trigeminal nerve pain. What works for one person may not work for some one else. 

Please let me know how you make out. 

Lords blessings to you!

• Posted

Hi, I tried the turmeric and it gave me really bad stomach cramps 😩 so you take the complex vitimins please an extra B12? What do you mean if you take too much you have pain ? Which tablet ?  I am also using the CBD oil too not sure if it is work yesterday was the best day in about 8 weeks so hopefully will continue to improve🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

Today I did not take the Turmeric. I ate oatmeal, took B complex )puritans pride, buy 2 get 3 free.) This has the highest mg for B's 100 mg each. It's called B 100. I also took a B 12. No pain!

With some pain killers if you take them to often or to much they won't work. 

I like to take the B's in the morning other wise they keep you awake at night.

Then at night (arouns super or after I take half tablet of Carbamasapine. No pain at night then.

Let me know how it works for you.

• Posted

I seem to be better in the day and just have certain triggers like getting into s warm bath and the way a lay in bed. I am booked to see a ciropractor on Thursday. What do you eat that is oatmeal and why is that good. Thank you so much for your advice and support. So you don’t take the turmeric every day but take the vit b every day ? 
    • Posted

I ate oatmeal because it has no sugar (It's a trigger for pain) I do take the B 12 & B complex in the am. otherwise it keeps me awake. If I do have pain during the day I'll take the Turmeric.

I share my info on here to hopefully help others who have the same trouble.

I am trying this new relief method with the B 12 & B complex someone else shared.

It does work for me.

Do not let the Chiropractor adjust our jaw. I did & had severe pain for 2 weeks. The ultra sound is OK.

Just be careful!  You are welcome. Have a great day!

• Posted

Any time I laid down I had a tremendous amount of pain. I still sleep with my head elevated.

Turmeric is great. I take 800 mg every morning. If you over use it, it no longer helps. 

I was scheduled to have surgery for the TN. I went to an acupuncture the week before. It took all the pain away by the 2nd visit. Then it came back! It's expensive. So I went the b complex way. So much happier. No pain & it didn't cost a lot.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks,

Today has been a good day, very little pain. I shall investigate B vitamins and Turmeric on Wednesday. Busy at work tomorrow! 🙁

I will let you know how I get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.