Pain during pregnancy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have seen a few discussions regarding pregnancy after a THR. I had my THR 2 years ago now and currently 28 weeks pregnant.

Everything has been going fine, my hip really has been amazing and i have ensured i have looked after it whilst being pregnant.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and having a planned c section not out of choice - had c section with the other two so have to this time also.

For the last week or so i have noticed pain and mobility is starting to become a problem. Iv started having to take strong painkillers to get through the day and to sleep at night. I can feel the pressure on my back and hip joint itself as baby is moving around.

Im worried this is only going to get worse and i still have 5 weeks left in work and two other children to care for.

Has anyone experienced problems towards the end of their pregnancy, if so how did you cope. Feeling that old way before THR. Cranky, frustrated with pain and hardly being able to walk anywhere!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, cut off too soon.  There could be hormone involvement along with all the changes your body went through with THR.
  • Posted

Firstly congratulations 😊 

I’d speak to your consultant, I found the last 8 wks of my pregnancy quite difficult with pain.  I was advised to rest and to go swimming as it took the weight off the joint.  

• Posted

Hi Colleen, congratulations on your third pregnancy, isn't mother hood grand, it could just be that baby is sitting on your operated hip and this could be the reason for the pain, its quite common for even on some ladies who have no problems with their hips to suffer and sciatica is also very painful and common.

Go and see your GP ASAP and get a diagnosis to put your mind at rest, worry can and does bring you down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.