Pain during sex

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently been through surgery for endometriosis and have also started hormonal treatment. But I still have a lot of pain during sex, which is destroying my relationship. The hormonal treatment doesn't help, and even if it did, it totally destroys my emotional physical interest in sex. I really don´t know what to do. All I can find on internet is advice on having sex without penetration. But it can't be it? Should I just give up and leave my boyfriend? Have anyone tried any supplement that could help?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Miranda.  Don't give up. Don't leave him.  Just be brave and tell him it hurts, take things slowly and gently.  There are sexual positions that minimize full-insertion and are supposedly easier on our inside bits, too.  After my last Endo surgery, it took literally 6 months for sex to be less painful.  You're healing up in there, all over, and it may take some time.

If sex is still painful after that time, talk to you doctor.  It may be that your pelvic floor muscles are super duper tight and protesting.  There are vaginal dilators you can buy to gently stretch your muscles to help ease the pain and discomfort of penetration.

Or if it's a deeper pain (like when he hits your cervix), you may want to look into cannabis suppositories.  I've recently heard that they may be incredibly helpful with painful sex.

• Posted

My pain is deep, it´s both the cervix and the ovaries that are painful. I am very grateful for your tips. :-)

• Posted

I had the same issue after my laproscopy. There is some vitamins that help but it will interact with the hormonal therapy. If your boyfriend can't understand that it's painful for you or your interest is gone then you deserve better. There is no reason to put your health at risk for his pleasure. I have been married for 6 years and have only been able to have sex a handful of times this year and my husband understands and will take care of himself. I wish you luck hun.

• Posted

My boyfriend is very understanding, but I feel that he deserves better than this. He wants what is best for me. But it is not best for me to feel like this. I just want to be able to have normal sex. :-(

I´m planning on going of the pill because of the way it kills my mood. It may seem dumb, but if I don´t even want to have sex because of the way the pill effects me, then it doesn't seem to be worth it. It is not a life that I am ok with... So I would be very grateful if you want to share what kind of supplement that could be helpful. :-)

• Posted

I got off the pill, too, because of how it affected my mood (sexually and otherwise).  Now I watch what I eat (avoiding foods that may make Endo worse), drink a looooooooooooot of water, and am so far doing well.  Wishing you the best of luck! And don't beat yourself up.  Have patience and talk to your doc.

• Posted

I am currentoy about to start lupron so that i can have a hysterectomy. I hate laying beside my husband and not be intimate. Its really hard. I will be happy to recover. Once i get done healing i will start taking steel libido pink for women its from gnc its $30 for a month supply but is worth it. There are similar ones buts thats what i tried. Fenugreek also helps.
  • Posted

Hi Miranda

Everybody's right about your insides are tender & rearranged a bit. There are, of course, many things you & your boyfriend can enjoy together that don't involve penetration of a lower orifice by anything bigger than a tongue, just temporarily. But if your boyfriend is understanding, take him up on that and give yourself another month or 2 to heal. Sex will seem like s brand new thing to discover after waiting.

Sometimes that side effect of the pill goes away with time. If not there's something called Dong Quai. You can buy it in health food stores, Whole Foods, Asian markeys, hippie pharmacies, and online. I'm 63 & some of my friends have been using it since they went through natural menopause in their 40s-50s. I haven't tried it but my friends swear by it.

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Hope this isn't TMI, but need some answers and the docs have failed me miserably. Background: 40 yrs old, heavy bad periods, diagnosed Dysplasia decade ago, Poly Cystic Ovary surgery 3 yrs ago, no babies.

Pain with sex for years now. Specifically, right at moment of orgasm feels like level 10 period cramps in a quick pulsing sorta way. It's hard to explain, the pain coincides exactly with what my pelvic muscles do when I orgasm. It totally kills the pleasure immediately and turns it into regret. Hurts bad for probably a good 10 minutes after that. It's made me not ever want to climax which is the whole point. My partner has a med issue too, so he is understanding, but as of late if it's not him it's me, the success rate is almost nil as of late for us both. It also happens when I orgasm alone. It happens every time. Taking Motrin before does nothing. 

I don't know why it's never been suggested to me before that I may have Endo, but I too saw the new commercial and I have every symptom mentioned. Ever Pap always hurts terribly and makes me want to crawl away backward off the table. And I def always verbalize it. I've asked multiple docs about these symptoms and they always say that they've never heard of the pain being specific to, and beginning with climax.

One more thing, read that Endo happens when menstration flow goes the wrong way, often I think my period begins long before the flow actually starts. Sometimes it takes some sort of penetration to get things moving. That can't be normal. Asking those who have been diagnosed with Endo...can you relate? Were you able to fix it and if so, how? 

• Posted

I am 43 and I suffered from endometriosis wherein I had laparoscopy to treat. I suffered from painful sex for 20 years, before and after treatment. I was able to completely get rid of all pain during intercourse when I cut gluten out of my diet. It disappeared within weeks. I am currently grain free and have never been healthier with no endometriosis problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.