Pain during sex

Posted , 6 users are following.

Apologies in advance if this all sounds crude, I really need an answer as i'm so stressed.

It often hurts to have sex. Only really when he's in deep and particularly during 'doggy' style- feels like hes jabbing against my uterus. 

IS THIS THE PCOS? Or just how my body is?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had the same exact pain for awhile now. I had pain in all positions, pain when peeing, and sometimes just at random. When I talked to my dr. she said that it's possible I have endometriosis. There is no "cure" for it but birth control lowers the pain. So now I'm on the depo-provera shot and it seems to help. I occasionally have pain but its not near as bad as it was. I would definitely talk to your dr. and see what tests they can run. 

• Posted

PCOS can affect how well you vagina lubricates its self, so try some lube. As for the depth I think its fairly common to get pain in the doggy position because of the shape of the vaginal canal and the penis. However if this has never caused you issue before with the same partner it may be worth a trip to the doctors 

xx 

• Posted

I have this issue and there are times he actually makes me bleed.  I have adenomyosis and a tilted uterus.  My dr thinks the pain is due to the tilt in my uterus and the fact that my uterus is a little larger than normal.  I have been advised a few times to have a hysterectomy, but at 33 sex just started feel good (the good times are finally outweighing the bad from our earlier years of marriage).  Lube does help and a lot of four-play for me at least.  If I'm really in the mood I find I don't have pain.  If this becomes a reoccurring issue you should consider the app called 'Life'.  This helps me track my cycles and symptoms.  Maybe it will only happen certain days of the month and you can track it?  I notice my pain happens as I've come off my period (about 3 days or so after my period).  I hope this helps!  It's so frustrating not to have answers and to think something is wrong with you.  I know I don't have a long space 'down yonder' so he has to go easy on me because he is hitting my cervix.  I hope this helps!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.